New Years BJJ resolutions

Only one person on here said escapes.

Keep having fun.

Keep coaching my guys and help them get better and have fun too.

That's good enough for me.

purple by summer time. compete. train every class with intention. lift weights. do judo and rassle more

Improve my cardio.

To train consistently. To put position before submission. To get my blue.

Good luck to all.

Not exactly new years resolutions, but right now my goals are to develop a guard that's unpassable for white and blue belts and also an unescapable side control and knee ride game.

Move my hips more.

Stop acting gay when I am rolling with someone.

Get my judo to be at least as good as my bjj.

My butterfly guard still sucks and due to an unexpected company merger bonus, I spent more than $500 on instructionals this year.

How did you do on your BJJ New Years resolutions?

I got my purple. ;)

I did compete, didn't do well against that damn wrestler that slipped into my division. Added breadth to my game and didn't start Judo until september. Oh well there's always next year!!!

Better leglock game and escapes from the bottom.

1. Continue to work on making submissions tighter
  2. Really work on escapes from side-mount
  3. Greatly improve from the top position

Even though I've been doing BJJ for almost a year, I have really only trained consistently for 4 months.

1. Continue training consistently.

brown belt

Work on new games, X-guard, cross guard, spider guard, De La Riva.

Compete in more tournaments.

improve sweeps.

incorporate my no-gi takedowns into my gi game

compete in no-gi

Finally

CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO!!!!!

Compete in Gi and No Gi a few times in 2007. Get Blue belt in 2007. Stop muscling through so many moves and use technique

need to get my game back on track. Wanna make huge improvements on my escapes more than anything. Also passing. In general I wanna tighten everything up. Get into competing, hopefully/maybe get my purple

I started reading this thread from page 1 not realising that it was started over a year ago. As I was reading it, I saw a post I made a year ago. For 2006, my BJJ resolution was to improve my fitness and also aim to get my blue belt. I managed to get my blue belt whilst my fitness has gone up and down a bit.

Its interesting to read your old resolutions and look at what you have achieved and what you still need to spend time on.

For 2007, my resolutions are as follows:

1. Improve my fitness and strength

2. Improve my flexibility

3. Work on my closed guard and finishing from there. I want a killer closed guard.

4. Continue to enjoy my BJJ training with no ego

I look forward to reading this post again in 2008.