New York MMA bill defeated in committee

What the NY MMA scene needs is support from the blacks. They always get shit done.

I'm happy the south despises NY. Imagine what kind of cretin you have to be in order for those hillbillies to actually like you.

I live in the capital region and this is disapointing.

dont give up yet.
politics is a weird world.
lets just say things may be looking much differently in NY as soon as seven days from now.
stay tuned.

I hope so cause it would be great to see an MMA event of any kind at Times Union Center.

Good for NY. mma is a freakshow

Bill Summary - A11458

things are already changed.

the bill was voted out of the committee already.

The plot thickens.... there is still a chance! =)

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/6/11/550030/lift-the-ban-watch-bill-to

The bill was not passed in large part because of opposition from both sides. However, according to our source, a republican committee member “picked up the bill” and applied pressure after the session to have the vote passed. In another unusual development, several committee members, primarily republican but also a few democrat, attempted to change their vote.

Because of the attempt to change votes, it was decided that the bill will be placed on the agenda again early next week. Such a decision to put a bill back on the agenda so quickly after it had been voted down was described as “highly irregular.”

This bill doesn't pass and Dana's announcement gets delayed...coincidence?

One less big city competeting with Chicago for big MMA shows.

Misedukatd - New York's loss, not MMA's.

+1

Playaplaya - This bill doesn't pass and Dana's announcement gets delayed...coincidence?

Here's what I heard happened:

After the vote,  Dana found out and went ballistic.  So he called the Republican Senator and said: Do you want to be a fucking politician?  I'm trying to make an annoucement over here and you're fucking everything up.  I need MMA--I mean Ultimate Fighting--legal in NY.  Understand?  Because that's my fucking annoucement!  Now go back to those other fucking idiots and make a fucking deal.

So the Senator went back and he told the committee that Dana Fucking White will break their fucking heads if MMA isn't legal in NY.  He said:  You have until Tuesday to get your heads out of your asses, gentlemen.

Then all of a sudden Dana's presser got shifted to Tuesday and all this this other stuff.  Not sure if this is all related or not.

LMAO politics is such a shit-show

The government is full of senile old fucks with no clue. They get told how to vote, and then just vote as they are told. If you want something to pass, you need to pay off the higher ups. Lobby lobby lobby.

Very interesting (and disappointing).

-jk

ttt

NY sucks.  They happily elected Hillary Clinton to the U.S. Senate when she had no affiliation with the state and just wanted to use it as a resume builder.

California is waaaaaaaaayyyy better than New York.

California knows how to party.

wow NY has become more puss than Cali.

The UFC doesn't seem to have done a particularly good job. Surprising. Affliction should do better now that Trump is fully on board.

Also isn't Shaw a Newyorker? WTF has been doing?