New York Patriot fans wtf

Seems to be a large contingent of New Yorkers who are Patriot fans. I'm not talking about transplants from New England. I'm talking about born and raised somewhere in the state of New York who have always been Patriot fans.

WTF?!

I was up in Old Forge, NY snowmobiling on Super Bowl Sunday when the Giants beat the Pats in 2008. I was shocked at the number of Patriot fans up there.

groundfighter2000 - Seems to be a large contingent of New Yorkers who are Patriot fans. I'm not talking about transplants from New England. I'm talking about born and raised somewhere in the state of New York who have always been Patriot fans.

WTF?!
Well aren't both NYC teams really NJ teams? Buffalo was always the true NY team? I'm not sure, but thought I remembered that unless I'm crazy or it changed. Maybe some people have been bandwagon fans the last 16 years and had kids that grew up liking the Patriots cause their dad like the team that always won.

Smart people

NYers are the kings of being bandwagon idiots.

Well the options are three NY teams (two are actually NJ teams technically) and they all suck so..... good on them. 

When I spent a summer North of Albany, I found a lot of people in that far northeastern corner of New York cheer for the New England teams. I got the impression it was due to anti-New York City sentiment. I started going to this one particular bar in that area because they had a Grateful Dead sign in the window next to a Patriots sign. The bar had a subscription to NESN. It was only about ten miles from the Vermont border. The Adirondacks are definitely a border territory for sports. I know a guy from that area who is actually a Giants fan in football and a Red Sox fan for baseball. Where I live New York, near Ithaca, the only Patriots fans I have ever known were transplants like me. This particular area is the borderline for Giants and Bills fans. More Bills (Buffalo is only about three hours) but a lot of Giant fans, too. The only Jets fans I ever meet are people who have moved to the area from New Jersey, Long Island or Queens.

You should cheer for either the team you enjoy watching, or the team that impacts you financially.

If you don't care about financial implications, like tax revenue, it should only be about enjoyment.

If the Patriots entertain you the most you should cheer for them.

And team loyalty is dumb. Unless it's for financial reasons. Otherwise you are basically fans of the ownership, not the players.

So what. You don’t have to be a fan of where you’re from or living. 

Its a football team, why do you give a shit? 

Lots of white trash, so yeah. 

So? I dont get this whole sports tribal mentality.

If they want to be a fan then be a fan.

I live in Kansas City and when I see St. Louis fans  that have lived here all their lives yet act like they’re diehard Cardinals fans it makes me want to spit. Same thing when the Rams were still there. 

Good. Fuck New York. 

Sounds like smart people

'Always been Patriot fans' LOL

Can someone tell me what teams I can be a fan of? I don’t know the rules. 

clattymine -

Can someone tell me what teams I can be a fan of? I don’t know the rules. 

Pick the team you enjoy watching. You can enjoy as few, or as many teams you want. You can switch teams as often as you want.

I always hated giant's fans. They were always very arrogant and I never liked most any of their players, they always had the Odell Beckham types that I can't stand.

I never like the jets either, I never liked Rex Ryan or herm edwards. The first coach they have had that I actually like is Todd Bowles. He seems like a decent man and good coach. 

I always like belichick because he's the smartest guy in the NFL and he just outworks and outsmarts everyone

Even though Maine is patriots nation,  lot of random giants and steelers fans