New York workers who are fired for refusing to get vaccinated won't be eligible for unemployment insurance

New York state workers who are fired for refusing to get vaccinated are not eligible for unemployment insurance, Gov. Kathy Hochul said on Saturday - just two days before the deadline for workers to get the jab.

New York City teachers and state health care workers in hospitals and nursing homes have to prove that they received at least their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by Monday.

The only exception to the vaccine mandate is a valid, doctor-approved request for medical accommodation.

The governor made the ramifications clear during Saturday’s announcement of a contingency plan to address potential staffing shortages in hospitals and other health care facilities statewide.

Hochul specifically referred to hospital workers, but New York City is bracing for a similar situation, with about 13 percent of roughly 78,000 teachers are currently not vaccinated, an education department official said on Twitter.

===========
Jesus fucking christ

How in the fuck is any of this legal?

BTW deadline is tomorrow ( monday )

10 Likes

Do the unvaxed non citizen immigrants currently pouring in get govt benefits?

41 Likes

Thought i seen something recently that they are going to be getting about 2200 a month? ( or maybe its the 100k + afghanis they flew over )

7 Likes

America will never wake up . We are all asleep at the wheel and No one cares as long as they are comfortable.

32 Likes

lol, you are literally a second class citizen without your papers in order.

19 Likes

They’re not intending to stay long…remember?

10 Likes

They don’t care about you. They don’t care about your health. They hate the country you grew up loving, and they hate you.

Never lose sight of that.

51 Likes

“Good” - limp wristed faggots

24 Likes

It’s hilarious too me not living in NY watching it literally turn into escape from New York… Every fucking day with new insane shit

12 Likes

This is what’s happening all across Canada too. They won’t fire you because they don’t to have to pay severance. So they put you on an indefinite unpaid LOA (Leave of Absence) - and you cannot claim employment insurance.

The level of coercion is sickening

20 Likes

Even if I was vaxxed, I would leave NYC if I could.

A shortage of workers combined with high unemployment and rising crime doesn’t seem like a good mix of conditions.

11 Likes

The comeuppance is going to be beautiful. Keep fucking with people’s paychecks. See what happens.

9 Likes

Did you refuse it?

1 Like

But idiots who put sick old people with healthy old people are still getting paid.

8 Likes

Here’s how it’s going in NYC:

6 Likes

I’d like to see what happens when they put nearly half the transit and railroad workers on the bench.

17 Likes

So this cunt is even more tyrannical and dictatorial then the cunt before her? Got it.

I feel for you guys that still live there that don’t support this cunt.

15 Likes

We are all witnessing the decline of a once great empire. Not by rampaging hordes of Chinese landing on our shores, nope, slow suicide by a bunch of anti-American politicians. I still find it hard to believe what is happening. It was good while it lasted.

23 Likes

Are you asking if I’ve taken the weird experimental shots that aren’t vaccines, have no long term studies, and for which people are currently the guinea pigs for?

8 Likes

You’ve said you’re a first responder in NYC. Did you refuse the vaccine? Simple question but you don’t have to answer