New Zombie Book thread

OK guys, we all know the classics.... World War Z, Day by Day Armageddon, Monster Island series, etc.

Let's talk about newer reads. I have read over 30 zombie books, FYI.

My new favorite is a series currently on book 4. I actually somehow got my wife to read it and she said that it is so enthralling that it has been some of the best books she has ever read:

D.J. Milles - "The Remaining" Phone Post

Alright, I have read a couple over the years:

Day by day armageddon - my favorite
Day by day Armageddon beyond exile - sequel to my favorite
Day by day part 3 - enjoyable and dissapointing at the same time.

Morningstar plague - very close second
Morning star plague thunder and ashes - sequel
(too bad the author z a recht has passed away, I got the third book written by a ghost writer but have not read it yet)

World war z - one of my favorites!

Autumn - I really enjoyed this series! Nice seeing a series take characters so far along in a story over the multiple books!
Autumn the city
Autumn purification
Autumn the human condition

Monster Island - I truly enjoyed this series greatly even though it would not be considered a traditional zombie book past the first one.
Monster nation
Monster planet
Free online by same author: Plague Zone (search for David Wellington on google)

Every sigh, the end: a novel about zombies - not bad and really interesting, but not a traditional zombie book. Most will probably not enjoy this

The rising - I love this series, thinking demonic zombies, but still, great writing and great action/post apocalyptic
City of the dead

the walking dead - awesome! Pick up the compendium, around 50 or so issues for like 30 bucks Phone Post

:-(

It's ok man. Give it time. This thread will take off. I can feel it. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post

My scores are based off DBDA being a five.

"Eden" by tony monchinsky
3.75-More about the relations of the survivors than most.

"Dying to live" by Kim paffenroth

3.5- It gets a little weird but I enjoyed it and nowhere near as weird as the monster island series.

"Twilight of the dead"- Travis Adkins
3- Good story a little to much love story ish for my liking.

"Down the road"- Bowie Ibarra

2- I would avoid it unless you just need a zombie book to read and enjoy over the top liberal beliefs and violence over story.

Zombie fallout- mark Tufo

3.5- Starts out strong and gets worse as the series progresses IMO. I think he's up to part 7 or 8 now.

All of them on the list have 2 or more follow up books some are good some not. If you read the first and enjoy it the rest is up to you.

One series I would highly recommend not about Zombies is the "American Apocalypse" series by Nova.

They all have 2 or more follow up books. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Arzn1ck - My scores are based off DBDA being a five.

"Eden" by tony monchinsky
3.75-More about the relations of the survivors than most.

"Dying to live" by Kim paffenroth

3.5- It gets a little weird but I enjoyed it and nowhere near as weird as the monster island series.

"Twilight of the dead"- Travis Adkins
3- Good story a little to much love story ish for my liking.

"Down the road"- Bowie Ibarra

2- I would avoid it unless you just need a zombie book to read and enjoy over the top liberal beliefs and violence over story.

Zombie fallout- mark Tufo

3.5- Starts out strong and gets worse as the series progresses IMO. I think he's up to part 7 or 8 now.

All of them on the list have 2 or more follow up books some are good some not. If you read the first and enjoy it the rest is up to you.

One series I would highly recommend not about Zombies is the "American Apocalypse" series by Nova.

They all have 2 or more follow up books. Phone Post 3.0

I have been meaning to read Eden and it's sequel. Down the road is horrible....

Dying to live book 1 and 2 were enjoyable, I have book three of Dying to live and The Morningstar Plague to finish.

I HIGHLY recommend D.J. Milles - "The Remaining", I am enjoying it as much as part 1 and 2 of DBDA if not more. Part three of DBDA was enjoyable but disappointing.

I am trying to find the remaining series, is it only available on Kindle?

Sub Phone Post 3.0

I recently did the Zombie Fallout audio books 6 of them and the short back story one, and felt they were good through and through. Every time I thought it reached a jump the shark point, he pulled it back around. The characters were really personable and real throughout.<br /><br />Brian Keene rising, city of the dead, and Dead Sea were good, though more serious in nature.<br /><br />Johnathan Maberry's Benny and Tom Imura series was good too (though they didn't offer the latest one in audiobook).<br /><br />

txfighter - 

I am trying to find the remaining series, is it only available on Kindle?

It may be Kindle only. I read all of my books on my phone with my Kindle app.... sorry if I did not mention that.

You can use Kindle with a table, PC, or smart phone though through the same account which is cool.

I'm kinda into the 'Rot and Ruin' series by Jonathan Maberry.

The first one was great, even if it's a young adult series... Book 2, Dust and Decay was very good, I'm reading book 3, Flesh and Bones right now, and it hasn't hooked me yet... Phone Post 3.0

By the Blood of Heroes, The Great Undead War Book I

World War I zombie book. The Germans perfected a gas that turns dead soldiers into zombies.

Great mix of war, zombies, and steam punk. Even Nikola Tesla gets in on the act.

Fun read

In Phone Post 3.0

It's DJ Molles not Milles just an FYI for anyone searching. Phone Post 3.0

Juijitsuboxer - OK guys, we all know the classics.... World War Z, Day by Day Armageddon, Monster Island series, etc.

Let's talk about newer reads. I have read over 30 zombie books, FYI.

My new favorite is a series currently on book 4. I actually somehow got my wife to read it and she said that it is so enthralling that it has been some of the best books she has ever read:

D.J. Milles - "The Remaining" Phone Post
"The Remaining" series is like crack. I picked up the first book and couldn't stop. All 4 books are great. Phone Post 3.0

In for research Phone Post

There is a good one that never gets mentioned on here called "The last mailman" Phone Post 3.0