Newsflash: one day Silva will lose.

Fact is, Anderson Silva will lose (crazy I know), everyone does (assuming he doesn’t retire as champ).

Does it mean that he sucks? No. Does it mean that the guy who beat him is better? Not necessarily. Age and wear are very real factors and IMO Silva is on a downward swing.

Personally, I hope Silva retires as Champ. Otherwise, everyone will be creaming themselves over the fact that someone [insert name here] beat the legend Silva when in-fact, his time as the “GOAT” had simply run out.

Best of luck to both fighters tonight.

Anderson has lost already. There is no myth of invincibility.

The best fighters in history lost. There's more merit in going as far as you can go than in retiring with a perfect record.

irishrottie - Anderson has lost already. There is no myth of invincibility.

/thread Phone Post

irishrottie - Anderson has lost already. There is no myth of invincibility.

Very true.

I am referring more to this current streak or during this time in his career.

FreightTrain - 
irishrottie - Anderson has lost already. There is no myth of invincibility.

Very true.

I am referring more to this current streak or during this time in his career.

Well he could win tonight and retire which I consider a possibility. His loses should be noted however, the thing is Anderson did his things (UFC run) when the sport exploded. Fedor did his in Pride when the sport wasnt big, at least in USA, in europe and japan Pride was more well known. So Anderson is seen by many as undefeated and there for the goat. Well marketed by the UFC is Anderson.

A lot of his current skill set is speed based, and every fighter eventually slows. He is getting up there in age, we will see how long his perfect timing and lightning fast strikes stay with him.