"CharlesFFA is correct, Charuto's standup and
clinchwork dictated the way that fight worked on the
ground".......That is very true! Charuto's stand-up
has evolved so much within the past year it's very
scary! Charuto trains stan-up with Haru
Shimanishi Founder of AMC Kickboxing and
currently is the head trainer at HMC in Hawaii! Haru
Shimanishi .....Trainer of Champions!

Charuto smoked Newton because he trains much better than Newton. Charuto would blow Renzo away in a fight.

Let's not forget, Charuto broke his thumb very early in the fight. He is even better than he showed, which is scary.

newton should fight at 185 from now on

Carlos Newton and Renzo Gracie are both awesome fighters... no doubt...

CHARUTO is our coach and is one of the best I've ever seen... and also one of the most technical coaches I've ever had, which is an obvious reflection of how technically proficient he is at his own game...

and like others have mentioned, the rest of his game (wrestling/tie-ups/clinch-work/striking/kicking) have evolved at what can only be described as a phenomenal rate...

I've been lucky enough to get to train under such greats as Rigan Machado and been around a lot of guys that were/are up and coming in the fight game and none have impressed me as much as CHARUTO... he works as hard or harder than anyone I know at developing his abilities and this is all starting to show in his fights more and more as time goes on...

Trivia sidenote... yes... CHARUTO broke his thumb early on in the Newton fight so many didn't get to see the full array of his striking game... actually... I'm pretty sure he broke his thumb on the very first punch... lol... All his previous MMA fights have ended via KO/TKO...

If Renzo was conditioned like he should be he would be a huge force !!!

I was trying to factor in how impressed I was with Charuto vs. possible effects of Carlos being drained by the weight, and then I saw how quickly Charuto took him down and dominated him early.

even a weight-drained guy will be reasonably strong early, and Newton was owned from the jump. Charuto is a long, lanky, leverage-based guy that is really good. And his striking is solid. I can't wait to see him against other people.