Next For Rashad: Hector Lombard - OBVIOUSLY

Was it really fair that Rashad had to fight an opponent who was coming off three straight wins while he had lost his last two?

This was the fourth time in his career that Rashad, while coming off a loss, had to face an opponent who was coming off at least one win, vs. only one fight in which was Rashad was a last-out winner and his opponent a last-out loser (Tito Ortiz was coming off a loss to Chuck Liddell when he fought the then-undefeated Rashad at UFC 73).

This is why they need to give Rashad a break in his next fight and have him fight Hector Lombard.

That was a showcase fight for Rashad and he bombed. They couldn't give him a better stylistic matchup. He needs to retire.

Hate420 - That was a showcase fight for Rashad and he bombed. They couldn't give him a better stylistic matchup. He needs to retire.

pretty much it was a test the waters at 185 you should be able to handle this fight and he drowned.

At 5'9", Lombard would be the smallest opponent Rashad has ever fought.  Plus he's coming off three straight losses, including one to Johny Hendricks, who had lost three in a row himself prior, and to Hendo, who Rashad has beaten.

If Rashad loses to Lombard, then he probably will, and quite frankly should, get cut.  Then he can go fight Rodney Wallace, whose takedown defense is even worse than the Eagles' wide receivers! LOL - after which Rashad can leave his gloves in the center of the cage after what will surely be 15 minutes of apple-bobbing.

The dude beat him with one leg and he was 50 years old. Love Rashad but he hasn't been himself since Lyoto and the stanky leg

Punch Drunk and Driving - 

The dude beat him with one leg and he was 50 years old. Love Rashad but he hasn't been himself since Lyoto and the stanky leg

sad but true dan Kelly is an old cripple

the chicks probably love the gray hairs but its an odd look for a fighter.

Punch Drunk and Driving -

This! I was saying it that whole fight. Rashad should hang em up. He's seemed trigger shy since Lyoto use The White Crane technique on him. 

Remember also that Rashad's camp had gone bankrupt - so between that and Kelly's huge momentum advantage, Rashad actually had a lot going against him.

Let's see him go back with Greg Jackson and fight a fellow three-fight losing-streaker in Hector Lombard before writing Rashad off.

Or he just retires. I like him but he's on the downslope pretty hard it seems.

Next fight for Rashad: retirement

TenOfSwords -

Was it really fair that Rashad had to fight an opponent who was coming off three straight wins while he had lost his last two?

This was the fourth time in his career that Rashad, while coming off a loss, had to face an opponent who was coming off at least one win, vs. only one fight in which was Rashad was a last-out winner and his opponent a last-out loser (Tito Ortiz was coming off a loss to Chuck Liddell when he fought the then-undefeated Rashad at UFC 73).

This is why they need to give Rashad a break in his next fight and have him fight Hector Lombard.

Not sure why you're going with that my man, I think Lombard kills Rashad.

I don't care to see Hashad fight anymore.

No he needs to fight Romero, Jacare, or Rock hard next.

cripplersc - No he needs to fight Romero, Jacare, or Rock hard next.
Lol do you want him to die?

Rashad is quite fortunate in that he can easily transition into a myriad of positions in the UFC: broadcast teams, commentary etc etc. He's capable of being an articulate, intelligent advocate for the sport too - arguably much more so than Dana, at least to the public eye. 

If if he wants to fight, I'd gladly watch him compete. But he's easily got more options than most.

I'm a fan… But he definitely needs to retire

Rashad should have been able to run though Kelly. He's lost his fighting instinct.

Rashad vs Hendricks and Kelly vs winner of Vitor/Kelvin. 

cyberc92 -

Rashad vs Hendricks and Kelly vs winner of Vitor/Kelvin. 

I agree with the Hendricks shad but kelly would get murdered by a young kelvin (it's not even close). Let's hope kelly gets a couple more not kelvin type fights so he can make that $ and continue living the dream. You put kelly in against a top 7 mw and it's going to be really, really bad. He might beat vitor but vitors only chance against kelvin is that the fight is in Brazil.

Rashard was world class till Jon Jones.....ever since he has been frustrating to watch.