Next Ohio based fighter to UFC?

The question was answered today. Dent is replacing Reinhardt at UFC 63. Short write up on PKW right now.

I heard DENt has gotten the nod hope he can make the most of it... Best wishes.

man, i rewatched the dent-souder fight.
a rematch should be immediate after Dents UFC fight.

Great for Jason he deserves it he has payed his dues. Hes got as much heart as any fighter in mma.

jason dent is going ufc 63

Mike Patt fo sho!

ttt for Ohio Fighters!

-Bill Easlick

Steel Valley MMA

I did not mention Mike Patt...becasue he is already in with some big shows..

As for his skill...I can say for certain, that he is one of the Top Light Heavy Weight Fighters....ANY WHERE or ANY SHOW!

As for Jason Dent...that is good news!  But I still want to see him fight Josh...would that not be sick to have those guys fight on a UFN in the future!!!

UFC IN COLUMBUS IN MARCH 2007.............OH MY GOD.

DUSTIN HAZELETT

JOSH SOUDER

IMHO

If the lighter weights (135/145) ever gain popularity, look for Roc Castricone to make a big splash. He's fought up a weight class his whole career and is still 7-1.

Mark,

Funny you say that....I have heard from "people" that the UFC would consider it...and when you think about the "Ohio based fighters" that have been in the UFC...they would have no problem selling out Nationwide Arena.

If they had big names like Rich, Jorge, & Wes on the card! Add to that list guys that (will) have fought in the UFC, but are lesser known:  Jason Dent & Forrest Petz.  And then through in guys like Dustin Hazelett, Josh Souder, Matt Masterson, Chris Wells, and some others on the dark card....Hell, through in some of the guys from MI & IN...have an All Midwest Card!!!

BUT...the big BUT would be could a city the size of Columbus support the Ticket prices that the UFC now charges?  I know the Gracie Show did well, with about 8,000 in attendance.  But I don't believe they had $800 ring side seats???

That said, I think it would be awesome to have the UFC in Ohio, and I think it would be huge for the UFC to fight outside their normal places...but I guess we will just have to wait and see...

Keep checking PKW...big news coming.

Congrats to Jason!

UFC in Cincy!!!! Right after the Benegals win the SuperBowl!

ttt for dent

UFC 63 baby!

Adam Steele... ttt

Reinhardt Ultimate Fighting Academy congratulates Jason Dent on his UFC deal. We wish you the best of luck. Reinhardt is real happy for you!

todd carnes

jk

Souder, Hazlett, Patt, and Salmon would be good choices.