NFL kickers controversial tattoo question

So help me out OG because I'm going to claim ignorance and say I have no idea why this kicker drafted by the Patriots tattoo is so controversial. 

I know its three percenter or whatever but I don't really know what that means? Why does he have it in the first place? 

Is this a big deal or is this another story being blown out of proportion by the media?

People are such pussies....

Offended and outraged over every fucking thing...

2 Likes

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 

Well. I;m off to cry now. Thanks, you jerk head.

Jemelle Hill called him a white supremacist 

kingofpancakes -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 

I was literally shaking while typing it...

I'm.... I'm just so..... I'm just so friggin' mad right now...

1 Like

spjackson77 - 

She thinks the president is one too. Are you white? She thinks you are one too. Welcome to our club.

7 Likes

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
kingofpancakes -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 

I was literally shaking while typing it...

I'm.... I'm just so..... I'm just so friggin' mad right now...

sobbing I just can't even either. wtf right now.

2 Likes

said he got it as a teenager thinking it was a way to support the military.  didn't know what it meant.  although if someone had a tattoo on them like that, you'd think you would have to ask them what it meant.  it's not a well known symbol like the swaztika or iron cross and could easily have lots of meanings to someone else....like i was in the top 3% of all college kickers or something.  makes you wonder if he said something, it then blew up and now he's back pedaling.  who cares though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

"The Three Percenters (also >3 Percenters, 3%ers and III%ers[1]) are an American far-right militia movement[2] and paramilitary group.[3] The group advocates gun ownership rights and resistance to the U.S. federal government's involvement in local affairs.

The group's name derives from the disputed claim that only three percent of American colonists took up arms against the Kingdom of Great Britain during the American Revolution.[4][5]

The Southern Poverty Law Center categorizes the Three Percenters as an "anti-government" group.[6] Some Canadian experts consider the group the "most dangerous extremist group" in Canada.[4]"

kingofpancakes -
spjackson77 - 

She thinks the president is one too. Are you white? She thinks you are one too. Welcome to our club.

Sweet I'm in the club! Although it doesn't seem very exclusive 

1 Like

truewrestler -

"The Three Percenters (also >3 Percenters, 3%ers and III%ers[1]) are an American far-right militia movement[2] and paramilitary group.[3] The group advocates gun ownership rights and resistance to the U.S. federal government's involvement in local affairs.

The group's name derives from the disputed claim that only three percent of American colonists took up arms against the Kingdom of Great Britain during the American Revolution.[4][5]

The Southern Poverty Law Center categorizes the Three Percenters as an "anti-government" group.[6] Some Canadian experts consider the group the "most dangerous extremist group" in Canada.[4]"

Whenever the SPLC catergorizes anything, I know to think the exact opposite. 

11 Likes

way to try and explain away something that is pretty obviously supposed to mean what it means. Why feel the need to defend the guy unless you agree with him. Nobody gets a swastika and doesnt know what it means, nobody gets an SS tattoo and doesn't know what it means. He obviously played with black players in college and now is heading into a locker room with black players, so it's his own shit to deal with. 

4 Likes

So people who idoloze those who fought in the American Revoluton are racists now?

13 Likes

decasere - 

way to try and explain away something that is pretty obviously supposed to mean what it means. Why feel the need to defend the guy unless you agree with him. Nobody gets a swastika and doesnt know what it means, nobody gets an SS tattoo and doesn't know what it means. He obviously played with black players in college and now is heading into a locker room with black players, so it's his own shit to deal with. 

You obvioulsy haven't seen the tattoo.

I'd be more embarrassed by the DMB tat

decasere -

It has nothing to do with race 

2 Likes

truewrestler - 

Kaepernick is anti-government, he is a hero.

4 Likes

PatK -
decasere - 

You obvioulsy haven't seen the tattoo.

I'd be more embarrassed by the DMB tat

You dare criticize Ants Marching?

jcblass -
truewrestler - 

Kaepernick is anti-government, he is a hero.

He also doesn't have a job in the league nor had one for years. 

2 Likes

decasere -

So what exactly does it mean? Since it's so obvious and all...

I see nothing malicious from any description I've read.

2 Likes

Can we get a pick of said tattoo?