NFL may get a stay on ruling....

Just saw on ESPN that the US Court of Appeals will hear the NFL's case approximately 1 week before the draft regarding eligibility requirements. I think it's a longshot, but I for one hope that the NFL wins this one. Allowing HS kids into the league didn't help basketball much, IMO. I can't see how it would be any better for the NFL to let them either.

NEWS FLASH - GENERAL MANAGERS AREN'T GOING TO WASTE DRAFT PICKS ON SHITTY HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!!!

NEWS FLASH--THIS APPLIES TO YOUR BOY MAURICE CLARETT TOO!!!! THEY'RE APPEALING HIS LAWSUIT AFTER ALL!!! THERE'S NO NEED TO YELL AT ME, ASSHAT!!!

THE POINT IS THERE IS NO NEED TO DISCUSS HS FOOTBALL PLAYERS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE PROS. NFL GENERAL MANAGERS WON'T DRAFT A PLAYER UNLESS HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO CONTRIBUTE, THAT IS THE WAY THE DRAFT WORKS IN THE SALARY CAP ERA.

MC IS GOING TO BE A 2ND ROUND PICK. THE NFL IS BREAKING THE LAW BY NOT LETTING HIM PLAY.

"NFL GENERAL MANAGERS WON'T DRAFT A PLAYER UNLESS HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO CONTRIBUTE, THAT IS THE WAY THE DRAFT WORKS IN THE SALARY CAP ERA."

"MC IS GOING TO BE A 2ND ROUND PICK."

You have two statements in your post that directly conflict with each other. Decide what you think, and edit accordingly. That is all.

MAURICE CLARETT WILL CONTRIBUTE. SOME RANDOM HIGH SCHOOL KID WON'T.

MC GETS PICKED IN RD2, RANDOM HS KID DOESN'T GET DRAFTED.

Kiper's latest mock draft has MC going in the 3rd to Oakland.

"MAURICE CLARETT WILL CONTRIBUTE"

I couldn't (respectfully) disagree more. He will not get any meaningful playing time next year AT ALL, assuming he gets into the draft.

OKAY, WHAT IS OUR WORKING DEFINITION OF CONTRIBUTE GOING TO BE?

PLAYING TIME? TOUCHES? YARDS? NOT BEING ON INJURED RESERVE?

Dude, seriously. There is a key directly to the left of "A". That's the Caps Lock. Hit it once, then post again.

As far as "working definition", I doubt he'll get much (if any) playing time, I don't see him gaining more than 100-150 yards, and if his college career is any indication, he'll spend some time on IR. So by any of the possible definitions you listed, he won't contribute.

WE'LL SEE!

LOOKS LIKE CLARETT WON'T BE GETTING DRAFTED IN THE FIFTH ROUND ON SUNDAY AFTER ALL. THIS TYPING IN CAPS IS ANNOYING, ISN'T IT??

AND CONTRARY TO YOUR OPINION, IT APPEARS THE NFL IS NOT BREAKING THE LAW BY NOT LETTING HIM PLAY---THE DRAFT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OUTLINED IN THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT FALLS UNDER THEIR ANTITRUST LAW EXEMPTION. IF THE OWNERS AND PLAYERS AGREED THAT NOBODY WITH THE LAST NAME "WILSON" COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT, IT WOULD HOLD UP UNDER THE ANTITRUST EXEMPTION. THEY CAN DISCRIMINATE AGAINST WHOMEVER THEY WANT, AS LONG AS THE OWNERS AND PLAYERS AGREE TO IT.

good for the nfl..i mean, GOOD FOR THE NFL.

*grabs bullhorn*

GOOD FOR THE NFL!

i have to say i hope the NFL doesn't win and i hope this forces the NFL to create a true minor league system ala MLB or NHL

I am completely on the other side of the fence as you on this topic, Pretjah.

and you are on the other side of the closet door too huh.

and i'm happy sitting here with my wife too!! lololol just kidding

why it's not hurt mlb, it's not hurt nhl, it's not hurt soccer, it's not hurt baseketball only thing it's gonna hurt is the old rich circut of men collecting millions on the backs of college athletes.

I love NCAA football just the way it is. Your team may lose a junior if they are outstanding, otherwise the guys will all be there for 4 years.

And the NFL is the pinnacle of major sports. Why fuck it up? Why change it?

Who will play in this minor league? Is it in between college & pro? Or is it for fringe pro players without college eligibility ala World League?

"only thing it's gonna hurt is the old rich circut of men collecting millions on the backs of college athletes. "

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

MC WILL GET DRAFTED IN THE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT. THIS CASE IS GOING TO THE SUPREME COURT!