NFL Rejects Veterans Please Stand SB Commercial.

Typical garbage Goodell. Don't be surprised if Pink kneels after the anthem.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/22/nfl-rejects-veterans-groups-ad-urging-people-to-stand-for-anthem.html

The National Football League has rejected a Super Bowl advertisement from American Veterans urging people to stand for the national anthem.

The nation's largest veterans service organization had been invited by the NFL to place an ad in the Super Bowl LII program. AMVET's advertisement included a two-word message - "#PleaseStand." Click here to see the ad.

"It's a simple, polite request that represents the sentiment of our membership, particularly those whose missing or paralyzed limbs preclude standing," wrote National Commander Marion Polk in a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

American Veterans accused the NFL of outright censorship by rejecting the advertisement.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy defended the league's decision to ban the American Veterans' advertisement noting that the game day program "is designed for fans to commemorate and celebrate the game, players, teams and the Super Bowl."

"It's never been a place for advertising that could be considered by some as a political statement," McCarthy told Army Times.

So, the NFL believes that politely asking people to stand for the Star-Spangled Banner is akin to making a political statement?

The NFL has been rocked by national anthem protests throughout the season -- leading to a massive decline in television viewership and game day attendance. Still, the NFL and most team owners refused to order players to stand for the national anthem.

Instead, the commissioner and many owners shamefully turned a blind eye as football players took a knee and disrespected not only the flag, but the brave men and women defending our freedom.

Perhaps the Goodell was concerned that a “political statement” in the game day program might take away from the “political statements” being made on the football field when players take a knee.

"Freedom of speech works both ways. We respect the rights of those who choose to protest, as these rights are precisely what our members have fought - and in many cases died - for," Polk wrote. "But imposing corporate censorship to deny that same right to those veterans who have secured it for us all is reprehensible and totally beyond the pale."

McCarthy told Army Times they gave American Veterans the option of changing their proposed advertisement to read, "Please Stand for our Veterans." But the NFL said they never heard back from the group.

It's becoming increasingly clear that the NFL's disdain for American patriotism is not just isolated to the gridiron. It's apparently infested the front office.

"Veterans are good for more than just military aircraft flyovers, photo opportunities during halftime, or props to sell camouflage-style NFL apparel; although, the NFL's stance on not allowing the veterans' unfiltered voice to be heard says otherwise," Polk wrote to Goodell.

I wholeheartedly concur and might I suggest that freedom-loving Americans stand up to the National Football League by turning off the Super Bowl.

I already washed my hands of my season tickets and will never purchase any NFL product again. The Super Bowl has turned more in to a circus than a sporting event. With the gay ass half time show and only rich casual douche fans in attendance. I hope their ratings decline further next year.

phatcat - 

I already washed my hands of my season tickets and will never purchase any NFL product again. The Super Bowl has turned more in to a circus than a sporting event. With the gay ass half time show and only rich casual douche fans in attendance. I hope their ratings decline further next year.

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

Good they should reject it.  Vets have a lot more to be worried about than if people stand.  Shit if you look in most stands you see people taking selfies, having hats on, drinking, picking their damn nose, etc. and not giving a damn during the anthem.  And before this last year you had people that ignored that but somehow players kneeling is so far worse.  Hell vet orgs need to worry about govt spending for returning soldiers w legit physical and mental issues and not something as trivial as who is standing or kneeling during the anthem (that the military was routinely paying for a number of years to happen I might add).  Esp having family members who are vets who have a LOT of issues w the VA and the way many orgs are garbage w helping them, I am glad this trivial bullshit got rejected so maybe they can actually do something worthwhile for vets instead of this feel good emotion bullshit.

daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

Some have and its always hilarious.  They wouldn't do so when the NFL kept around guys who were women beaters (more often repeat offenders), guys w lots of DUIs, drug offenses, etc.  But kneeling peacefully however was just SO much more aggregious.  So real issues that result in people getting hurt like domestif abuse = I can still watch the game and buy merch.  Kneeling peacefully however = worst thing since Hitler.  LOL only in America.

phatcat -

lol most of the recent super bowls have been great gtfo

daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?
the half time show and the gay-ass nature of it bothers him too

McCarthy told Army Times they gave American Veterans the option of changing their proposed advertisement to read, “Please Stand for our Veterans.”

---

Wait what's the difference? 

Fake Pie -

McCarthy told Army Times they gave American Veterans the option of changing their proposed advertisement to read, “Please Stand for our Veterans.”

---

Between the Anthem and Veterans?

Really?

"I wholeheartedly concur and might I suggest that freedom-loving Americans stand up to the National Football League by turning off the Super Bowl"

I love beer and football too much, sorry. 

StankieEdgar - 
daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

I honestly didn't think they existed, mostly just #MAGA LARPing online.

Lol! 

Since when have any politically charged ads been rejected? There have been "diversity" type ads every single year.

Death Star -
Fake Pie -

---

Between the Anthem and Veterans?

Really?

Apparently they wanted "please stand" and were offered "please stand for our veterans".  The latter is still clearly about the anthem but the former doesn't mention it anyways. That said I'm equally baffled why the NFL is ok with one and not the other as why the vets are. 

They should have taken it. Would have triggered just as many folks. Instead no message.... 

LMAO @ the usual suspects getting bent out of shape about Americans expressing this bill of rights. How offensive! (then the same guys fuck off to the thread to argue the opposite about Alt right race baiters looking to speak /recruit at college campuses. Not too hypocritical right? 

daglord -
StankieEdgar - 
daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

They definitely exist but there's also a lot of that too. I moved way up the waiting list this year for season tickets.

Hunter V -

Good they should reject it.  Vets have a lot more to be worried about than if people stand.  Shit if you look in most stands you see people taking selfies, having hats on, drinking, picking their damn nose, etc. and not giving a damn during the anthem.  And before this last year you had people that ignored that but somehow players kneeling is so far worse.  Hell vet orgs need to worry about govt spending for returning soldiers w legit physical and mental issues and not something as trivial as who is standing or kneeling during the anthem (that the military was routinely paying for a number of years to happen I might add).  Esp having family members who are vets who have a LOT of issues w the VA and the way many orgs are garbage w helping them, I am glad this trivial bullshit got rejected so maybe they can actually do something worthwhile for vets instead of this feel good emotion bullshit.

Don't tell our Vets what they should be "worried about" as if they can't make a simple ad AND worry about other issues. 

Shame on you

StankieEdgar -
daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

I do agree that the halftime show is super gay and extremely lame. 

Its either lame classic rock with fossils playing their garbage or shit like Katy Perry. 

I’d rather see stand up comedy at this point. The half time show is never worth watching. 

StankieEdgar - 
daglord -
StankieEdgar - 
daglord -
phatcat - 

no shit?

over the kneeling thing?

They definitely exist but there's also a lot of that too. I moved way up the waiting list this year for season tickets.

LOLOL. Winning!