NFLs most underrated players

Who do you believe to be an elite player even though he gets no recognition.

Off the top of my head I have to say Jamie Sharper of the Texans and Billy Volek of the Titans.

Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith (Jaguars)

Jimmy Smith has 12 years of experience, but really didn't do anything his first three years in Dallas, so really he's only played in 9 years, and in those 9 years, he has garnered more yard than Terrell Owens has in his 9 years playing. The reason, I think, why he hasn't gotten the same recognition (besides the fact he doesn't trash talk) is the fact that he doesn't have the number of TDs that Owens does. I think once the Jaguars realize that Smith and Taylor is their offense, they'll win 10-12 games and go deep in the playoffs.

I'm almost compelled to say Michael Vick (Falcons) because of all the hate he gets here.

Jimmy Smith

Donnie Edwards

Almost any Fullback (Richardson, Kreider, Beasley, etc.)

I agree on Sharper

Curtis Martin tops this list, IMO.

Donnie Edwards...

I was thinking him, but he seems to be getting a lot more recognition this year (finally).

Andre Johnson.

He gets no love when compared to other receivers around the league, but in my opinion he definitely ranks among the best.

Sorry, double post.

daniel graham of the patriots! is probably they're best all around player on offense and he gets zero love because of the system he is in!

donnie edwards i think he is kind of underrated. i think most people would say he was the 2nd or 3rd best middle lineback this season in the AFC though!

chris gordocki YES A PUNTER he has NEVER had a punt blocked in his career! that's friggin unbelievable!!! not even 1.

aaron smith sorry i had to put another steeler on here. put him on any other team with out the steelers linebackers he makes the probowl every year!

"chris gordocki YES A PUNTER he has NEVER had a punt blocked in his career! that's friggin unbelievable!!! not even 1."

Isn't that more about the protection than the punter?

not when it has been for so many years on multiple teams!

definitely donnie edwards

curtis martin like i have been saying for years. quietly he has been an all time great