Ngannou is gonna be the new Gabriel Gonzaga

Badass killer who KOs PRIDE legend, hyped massively, gets wrecked after being taken past 2nd round. Never recovers mentally but still beats journeymen

I think the difference is Gonzaga didn’t like to train.

He’s the first Francis.  He has mega strength and he is gigantic and fast.  He’s the real deal.  I think that Stipe is going to beat him but Francis will learn from this. 

Yeah, he’s incomparable to others. He is his own fighter. Whether that’s enough to stop the ever underrated Miocic remains to be seen. 

His first win is from an armbar…I believe. For the people saying he has no ground game…he has many sub. Wins. There is one thing no one can over hype…that’s his power. It’s real. We will see how good he really is soon. I believe the hype.

Gonzaga was boring as shit before that Mirko fight. He was brought in as a credible can to prep Mirko for a title shot. You're stretching on the similarities. 

knappster - His first win is from an armbar...I believe. For the people saying he has no ground game....he has many sub. Wins. There is one thing no one can over hype...that's his power. It's real. We will see how good he really is soon. I believe the hype.

His first win was an armbar but a straight one. (Against a guy who is 0-1 and never fought again I think) Other than that he has a head/arm choke, (opponent was 2-1, fought once more after that and is now 3-2) a standing guillotine, (Opponent was 1-0 at the time and is currently 5-2) and a kimura. (Fighter was 15-5 and now 15-9 so a bit more creedence here)

These are all power techniques and once you lock them on it's difficult to defend against a power fighter. I can't agree with you that he has many sub wins as 4 of his 11 wins are subs. That's about 35% but these subs are not high level subs and more like power subs. That's talent in itself but not enough to make Ngannou the next Frank Mir.

Ngannou has unbelievable power for sure but it's not refined and it's sloppy. If he gets you, you are in deep trouble but I think if he can't leverage his power in a technique or catch you flush then he's going to gas. 

I don't think this is a walk in the park but I think Stipe will take this as he will put Ngannou in a place he is not comfortable and able to fight out of.

We will see.

Next Sokudju?

Next champ

He's the next contender in a shallow division, he's nothing like Gonzaga. 

He's been to the second round before and hasn't been wrecked, 4 and 5 might be an issue, let's see if Miocic can bring him there. 

Francis has serious power, he's still sloppy and unrefined in his striking, most of his grappling wins have been 90% muscle but he is still a serious threat, anywhere. 

It will be an interesting fight, Stipes wrestling might make the difference, wouldn't be surprised to see Francis KO him either.

Looking forward to it. 

CaptainNemo -
knappster - His first win is from an armbar...I believe. For the people saying he has no ground game....he has many sub. Wins. There is one thing no one can over hype...that's his power. It's real. We will see how good he really is soon. I believe the hype.

His first win was an armbar but a straight one. (Against a guy who is 0-1 and never fought again I think) Other than that he has a head/arm choke, (opponent was 2-1, fought once more after that and is now 3-2) a standing guillotine, (Opponent was 1-0 at the time and is currently 5-2) and a kimura. (Fighter was 15-5 and now 15-9 so a bit more creedence here)

These are all power techniques and once you lock them on it's difficult to defend against a power fighter. I can't agree with you that he has many sub wins as 4 of his 11 wins are subs. That's about 35% but these subs are not high level subs and more like power subs. That's talent in itself but not enough to make Ngannou the next Frank Mir.

Ngannou has unbelievable power for sure but it's not refined and it's sloppy. If he gets you, you are in deep trouble but I think if he can't leverage his power in a technique or catch you flush then he's going to gas. 

I don't think this is a walk in the park but I think Stipe will take this as he will put Ngannou in a place he is not comfortable and able to fight out of.

We will see.

Basically this

He’s the next big thing

Meatgrinder -

Next Sokudju?

Check Kongo

Francis just might knock Stipe’s head into orbit, it’s a fight. Stipe could in turn RNC Francis. I wouldn’t christen Francis as the next Gonzaga or Rogers just yet. 

even if his skills were not up to par his athletisism and superior genetics will make up for that compared to more skilled MMA fighters in the HW division.

He will just get better. He is dcout and committed. Really the best thing for his long term career would be a loss to Stipe. Because if he beats Stipe then it may go to his head and back off on training. Right now he is still green. I can’t imagine what he would be like to keep improving and then he would remain champ for am LONG time.

His physical structure and abilities are the NEW breed of MMA athlete. Genetics plays a role and that is why all the guys with fast twitch and speed are in Football. Wiat until a few of these monsters start to make MMA their sport of choice.

United Yorkie Rescue -
HorseMeat4200 - 
Meatgrinder -

Next Sokudju?

Check Kongo

Other than both being French/African MMA fighters, he has nothing in common with Kongo.

like he said, virtually identical

colubrid1 - even if his skills were not up to par his athletisism and superior genetics will make up for that compared to more skilled MMA fighters in the HW division.

He will just get better. He is dcout and committed. Really the best thing for his long term career would be a loss to Stipe. Because if he beats Stipe then it may go to his head and back off on training. Right now he is still green. I can’t imagine what he would be like to keep improving and then he would remain champ for am LONG time.

His physical structure and abilities are the NEW breed of MMA athlete. Genetics plays a role and that is why all the guys with fast twitch and speed are in Football. Wiat until a few of these monsters start to make MMA their sport of choice.

I’d believe more of this new breed and continued evolution stuff if he wasn’t like 47 and lying about it.

Gonzaga was nothing close to the type of physical specimen that Ngonnou is and that’s wild to say, because Gonzaga was a beast.

Francis is a freak of nature.

Death Beast - 
United Yorkie Rescue -
HorseMeat4200 - 
Meatgrinder -

Next Sokudju?

Check Kongo

Other than both being French/African MMA fighters, he has nothing in common with Kongo.

like he said, virtually identical

yeah “virtually” identical (as in computer technology that uses virtual reality). Otherwise there is no comparison.

Death Beast - 

Gonzaga was boring as shit before that Mirko fight. He was brought in as a credible can to prep Mirko for a title shot. You're stretching on the similarities. 

Gonzaga was a can?

If that is the case most HW’s would love to be cans.