Ngannou is gonna be the new Gabriel Gonzaga

Next balrog

Nga is more similar to a pre-Brock Shane Carwin than Gonzaga or Bret Rogers.

He is a huge HW with KO power in his hands, has went on an early winning streak by smashing fools inside of 1.5 rounds, suspect cardio and ground game. If he stays healthy he will be a legit threat to anyone in that first 5-10 minutes, human punching bag from R3 forward.

I’m not trying to be an asshole, just objective. Big fan of both Carwin and Nga, and they always came ready to throw down and looked for the finish.

BJ Penn Forever -
Death Beast - 

Gonzaga was boring as shit before that Mirko fight. He was brought in as a credible can to prep Mirko for a title shot. You're stretching on the similarities. 

Gonzaga was a can?

If that is the case most HW’s would love to be cans.

Not as much as Eddie Sanchez was, but he was definitely not thought to be the next big thing the way Francis was going into the Overeem fight. That fight was all about Crocop getting another scalp before fighting for the belt. 

Son of Neckbone - Nga is more similar to a pre-Brock Shane Carwin than Gonzaga or Bret Rogers.

He is a huge HW with KO power in his hands, has went on an early winning streak by smashing fools inside of 1.5 rounds, suspect cardio and ground game. If he stays healthy he will be a legit threat to anyone in that first 5-10 minutes, human punching bag from R3 forward.

I’m not trying to be an asshole, just objective. Big fan of both Carwin and Nga, and they always came ready to throw down and looked for the finish.

Carwin never had a suspect ground game. 3x D2 All American, two time d2 Heavyweight Champ runner up and D2 HW Champion.

Miocic is done, and done!  Ngannou is going to destroy him.  Its going to be quick and painful. 

Skys the limit for him. Win or lose I hope he stays hungry and works on the holes in his game till he stops fighting.

United Yorkie Rescue - 
CaptainNemo - 
knappster - His first win is from an armbar...I believe. For the people saying he has no ground game....he has many sub. Wins. There is one thing no one can over hype...that's his power. It's real. We will see how good he really is soon. I believe the hype.

His first win was an armbar but a straight one. (Against a guy who is 0-1 and never fought again I think) Other than that he has a head/arm choke, (opponent was 2-1, fought once more after that and is now 3-2) a standing guillotine, (Opponent was 1-0 at the time and is currently 5-2) and a kimura. (Fighter was 15-5 and now 15-9 so a bit more creedence here)

These are all power techniques and once you lock them on it's difficult to defend against a power fighter. I can't agree with you that he has many sub wins as 4 of his 11 wins are subs. That's about 35% but these subs are not high level subs and more like power subs. That's talent in itself but not enough to make Ngannou the next Frank Mir.

Ngannou has unbelievable power for sure but it's not refined and it's sloppy. If he gets you, you are in deep trouble but I think if he can't leverage his power in a technique or catch you flush then he's going to gas. 

I don't think this is a walk in the park but I think Stipe will take this as he will put Ngannou in a place he is not comfortable and able to fight out of.

We will see.

Nobody is saying he’s the next Frank Mir, he doesn’t need to be. He needs sufficient wrestling/grappling to stay on his feet and get back up when taken down. There’s nobody at the moment who is likely to beat him on the feet and he’s already shown that he can also be a threat with sumbissions even if it’s more strength than technique.

Gonzaga on the other hand was a world class sub grappler with glass jaw and no gas tank, who fell in love with his KO power instead of trying to take down and submit his opponents like he should have been.

I agree that Gonzaga should have stuck to his game plan and what got him there. Grappling.

Ngannou has done that by sticking with his striking game.

But I don't see Ngannou having the wrestling to stop Stipe and Stipe is going to tie him up and wear him out or stay out of range and wear him out, or take him down and wear him out.

I think you're sleeping on Stipe and his stand up. Ngannou's stand up is very sloppy and dependant on his power. You can't maintain that kind of power a whole fight and I see Ngannou gassing.

I cannot see Ngannou slapping a sub on Stipe. More likely he will try and GnP a win there.

I also suspect that leg kicks would make Ngannou decide he wants out of a fight.

colubrid1 - even if his skills were not up to par his athletisism and superior genetics will make up for that compared to more skilled MMA fighters in the HW division.

He will just get better. He is dcout and committed. Really the best thing for his long term career would be a loss to Stipe. Because if he beats Stipe then it may go to his head and back off on training. Right now he is still green. I can’t imagine what he would be like to keep improving and then he would remain champ for am LONG time.

His physical structure and abilities are the NEW breed of MMA athlete. Genetics plays a role and that is why all the guys with fast twitch and speed are in Football. Wiat until a few of these monsters start to make MMA their sport of choice.

He is the new breed of MMA fighter.

Extremely athletic and not really talented or skilled in any discipline.

GOAT St. Pierre - 
Son of Neckbone - Nga is more similar to a pre-Brock Shane Carwin than Gonzaga or Bret Rogers.

Carwin never had a suspect ground game. 3x D2 All American, two time d2 Heavyweight Champ runner up and D2 HW Champion.

Suspect as in no one ever saw him on the ground in a fight save for when he clubbed somebody and pounced on them.

Up until Carwin got choked out by Lesnar we never saw him do any offense or defense of JJ. We haven’t seen Ngannou do that either.

Were people really saying he's the next Brett Rogers? Just because they sort of look alike and punch hard?

United Yorkie Rescue -
rafael_collado - 

Were people really saying he's the next Brett Rogers? Just because they sort of look alike and punch hard?

Yes, there’s another thread about him being a hyped up Brett Rogers. They look nothing alike lol.

I can see the comparison to Brett Rogers more than anyone else.  He doesn’t look like him at all physically but Rogers went 10 - 0 KO’ing everyone on the way up in the first round.  He almost beat Fedor also and that was his first loss.  At that point in time Fedor was the heavyweight God.

The next Brendan Vera

I think ngannou is very beatable at this point. Not hating but both the man’s striking and striking defense are abhorrent. The scary thing is how well he has been able to do despite this.

If he fixes his technical problems and continues to learn he can be unstoppable, but if he continues to fight like he has been fighting then he will be a flash in the pan.

That cetainly makes him interesting prosepect for fight fans regardless, many unanswered questions.