Ngannou Not Happy With UFC Pay After Logans Payday!

Established fighters like Ngannou can try to find other promoters like Triller and buy out their contract.

1 Like

Let me answer that for you Ngannou.

You don’t bring as much attention to the UFC as Logan does to celebrity boxing.

The more attention you bring, the more money you make. Just ask Conor.

2 Likes

Your overall premise is spot on.

I take issue with the quote above. UFC, as I understand, continually reups contracts so that fighters are there in perpetuity. If they don’t play along, they are dealt with.

There was an OGer that had a solution presented in a thread a couple weeks ago. His assertion was to create legislation to only allow 2 or 3 year contracts. This way, free agency would be big and fighters would earn more.

2 Likes

Fighters like Francis or Jon Jones should fulfill their contracts with the UFC and then go sniffing around to see what Triller can offer them.

If they can make $5 million or $10 million off of a single “celebrity” fight, which is worth more than signing another 5-fight extension with the UFC, then they can head for greener pastures.

1 Like

The UFC is notorious for manipulating fighters through contracts but the fighters also perpetuate the behavior by not making the promotion pay for being so controlling by taking their business elsewhere. See, Dana knows you can go make money elsewhere, but if you’re tied to the UFC, you’ll have a hard time breaking out. However, like what Eskimo said, Conor has already shown what a little charisma and presence can do for your name and your payouts. The one thing I really take issue with the UFC is their dictatorship on sponsor earnings but it also seems that if you can create a lucrative business, they are more than happy to advertise for you. It’s all a game and once you figure out the rules, there’s plenty of money to be made.

bahahahhahaha its so obvious

Ngannou is frustrating as a champion as he isn’t a fun champion. His interviews are dreadful and he’s a power puncher but he’s beaten everyone and the division sucks

The Paul bros are amazing at selling themselves and selling these spectacle fights. I’m honestly surprised that so many people continue to pay for these ppv s though. I’ve honestly yet to be actually entertained by any of the Triller events but that’s just me

1 Like

No shit, and that’s the problem. We live in a society today where computer clicks and social media follows are more important than actually being good at something.

Yes and very few fighters have the personality and wit that Conor does. Some fighters have tried to boost themselves up and to try and act a certain way but it rarely works. That’s what makes Conor and the Paul bros that much more impressive

And yeah it’s very obvious that large numbers of people don’t want to watch elite skill vs elite skill. They want to see spectacle … this makes mma promoters jobs a bit harder

Ngannou needs to rock up to the ufc and flip a bus, cunts, controversy and cunts are what people want

Logan would probably beat Francis tbh

Francis has no wrestling and only beat stipe bc he was washed up and skinny shell of his former self.

A prime Ohio state qualifying wrestler like Logan would have Francis on his back in no time

1 Like

tee

Ngannou doesn’t move the needle like Logan or Jake Paul. Simple as that.

1 Like

Francis vs Wilder would be fukin awesome

Chances are, of the thousands of members on this forum, surely there are some of you who follow these YouTube kids and pay money for the ppv. I have never knowingly conversed with these people. They are the problem.

The guy is humble, soft spoken and respectful. Let’s not having him go down that route.

It’s unfortunate but at the end of the day, it’s about interest and entertainment and then skill. Mike Tyson had both, a scandalous, magnetic figure who was a wrecking machine. Ngannou physically has everything. A monster! A wrecking machine himself, but does not have the drama, and people want drama, they want to forget about their lives and live vicariously through somebody else’s and not face consequences themselves. They want to vent and experience things they would not or cannot otherwise in real life. That’s why McGregor acting like an idiot was so entertaining to many people.

Being humble and respectful does not sell because that’s what you have to do day to day. Smile, be nice, nod. Otherwise you will have problems. And here is a person showing you what it’s like when you don’t give a shit and act freely. Of course people will tune in.

1 Like

1 Like

On the other hand, you have Nate Diaz, a UFC veteran who is finally getting his due payday and recognition. And based on how things played out in his favor, the younger Diaz brother feels he laid out a blueprint that his fellow fighters have yet to follow.

“What is he doing wrong? What is Francis Ngannou doing wrong?” Diaz told Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole in a recent interview. “I’ve been doing more right than all these motherf—rs for years and years. They should’ve been spitting all that ‘I need money’ shit a long time ago like I was.

“I was never no champion, and I was saying ‘F—k you, drop me, let me get some f—ng money cracking.’ And what happened? My stock just raised, anyway, and nobody was jumping on it. Now, they’re like, ‘What are we doing wrong?’ I’m like, ‘You should’ve listened to your daddy years ago, motherf—rs.’ All of you. The whole roster.

2 Likes

He can go to Bellator if he’s not happy with UFC pay