NHL "brothers"

So really the only sucessful brothers i can think of in the NHL were the Royal Family of hockey: The Sutters, along with Maurice and Henri Richard.There have been a lot of them but most, and usually the younger brother seems to fall short.Who's been the biggest flop/disappointments and who have been the biggest surprises and sucesses?

What are you talking about? The Gretzky brothers scored like 894 goals between them!

Brian Sakic? I don't think he even made the NHL, did he?

There are some young brother combos out there - we'll see if they pan out:

Sedins

Koivus

the courtnalls

primeau's

kaberle's

the Pronger's as much as I hate them

"hatcher brothers"

AH HA! the Hatcher's! I should have thought of them, I love the Hatchers.

They are probly the most successful out of the ones listed with the possible exception of the Bure Bros.

What about the Hanson Brothers???

Kariya Paul/Steve
Niedremyer Scott/Rob

lol@the Hatchers being the most successful brothers.

Maurice and Henri Richard have 19 Stanley cups between them, amongst other things

BTW great pics guys,i was hoping if i left off most that you guys would jump in with many

"lol@the Hatchers being the most successful brothers."

I forgot about them, but hey, the Hatchers are probly the next most successful not counting the Sutter legion, most likely the Richards and possibly the Bures.

And to be fair, it doesnt really matter how many stanley cups they have between them, because they didnt win it by themselves. It was a team effort. I mean, there are alot of legendary players out there that dont have any championships, or got one in there final seasons, and there are alot of really shitty guys that have several because they were lucky and on a good team and just along for the ride.

It's always bugged the hell out of me when people would hold that against an otherwise great player. I mean, hell, what do you want them to do? Also, praising a decent or marginal player because they were on a several championship teams even though they werent an import part of that team.

Well, the majority of this was rather off topic, but oh well.

Don't get me wrong i was a big fan of the Hatchers when both were in the league, but i can't see how i'd rate them near the top.Just my opinion though.

You're partly right about the championships, but how many pairs of "marginal players" have 19 stanley cups between the two of them? The Richards were great players, legendary players.

In this case how do we measure "success" then? At any rate both Richards had an amazing amount of success no matter how you look at it.

You seem like a really big fan of the modern game, but it never hurts to read up on some of the history.There are some great stories and were some amazing players back in the day.Maurice Richard still to this day, even with all the modern players supposedly being so much better, holds a lot of records in Montreal.

Lastly, just thought of the Hunter brothers.Mark and Dale.

oops and Dave Hunter. Hit add too soon lol.

"You seem like a really big fan of the modern game, but it never hurts to read up on some of the history.There are some great stories and were some amazing players back in the day.Maurice Richard still to this day, even with all the modern players supposedly being so much better, holds a lot of records in Montreal."

Oh I do read up on history - though usually statistically related. I do enjoy the modern game more, but I enjoy the 70's and 80's style much more than the game of today and before. IMO hockey was at its prime in the 80's and perhaps the early 90's. Its just amazing at how many hall of famers played in there primes in that time period.