Nick Diaz - Barred from Cornering

BULLSHIT

the guy is on a weed suspension, what do you expect?

I think the punishment is pretty high...

he gets suspended for X amount of months and can't fight.. which means no money..

I don't think he would get paid to corner his younger brother..

it's a total B.S. decision..

He ate the fuckin weed, man.
And now he can't corner his bro, that's just fucked up.

LOL @ "corner's license" WTF? I thought this was a free country, are we in China? Let him corner his brother, goddamn.

that stinks. nate should be able to overcome that though. i think he will run through manny.

Wow. Just wow. I was really hoping the shadiness and gayness would stay out off MMA and just stay in boxing.

That's pure crap. I can totally understand Nick not being able to fight but not be able to corner? WTF? I didn't see Nick pull a Panama Lewis or anything like that. Politics is totally going to far in MMA.

"Go Nate, shine on these motherfuckers. I hope Manny comes to fight and doesn't try to lay on Nate for 3 rounds."

If this happens you can bet Nate will be going for subs the whole time. Nate is very active on the bottom and won't let Manny just lay there.

Application to corner a fighter:

http://boxing.nv.gov/docs/Application_License.pdf

You can see that the application specifically requests information on whether you have ever been disciplined by the NSAC for any reason whatsoever.

Also, Nevada Revised Statute Section 467.100 reads as follows: 

"1. All contestants, promoters, managers, seconds, trainers and ring officials must be licensed by the Commission. No person may participate, directly or indirectly, in any professional contest or exhibition of unarmed combat unless he has first procured a license from the Commission.

2.  The Commission may deny an application for a license or grant a limited, restricted or conditional license for any cause deemed sufficient by the Commission."

Isn't Nick under contract with Pride, which happens to be owned by zuffa?

Where is the conspiracy?

Ummm UFC/NSAC hate nik because he publically CLOWNED the fuck out of them by saying he felt like a stripper/whore fighting for the UFC and fighting in DSE made him feel like a warrior.

He is suspended from fighting, I'm not sure how they can justify not giving him a cornering license, complete bullshit. That's politicians for you. Is he allowed to be in the audience?

Nate will win this anyway.

yoshida, the only people to see the interview and interpret it the way you
do are you and your gaggle of screen names. The post above yours
clearly states the rules, you choose to ignore it. Nick could very well even
be a contracted fighter for zuffa/pride, why wouldn't they want to show
the guy who Fucked up the 'great' Gomi, while high on weed with a
broken eye socket in his brothers corner.

Don't let the truth get in the way of spewing your propaganda Yoshida.

"this is a free country"

why do people keep saying this and how would it be relevant to what the athletic commission does or who they license?

Pretty fucking lame.

lol @ Evilyoshida spinning this as a way to hate on the UFC.

I hope Nate makes it known during his winning interview why his brother isn't up there with him.

Bullshit!

"I hope Nate makes it known during his winning interview why his brother isn't up there with him."

Uh, because his brother smokoed weed and got disciplined by the Commission? We already know this.

"I mean the guy is under medical suspension for a broken orbital, what does that have to do with him being in the corner??

politics IMO.."

He had a disciplinary suspension for testing positive for marijuana after the Gomi fight.

Next they will ban Rogan from announcing and Bravo from doing the unofficial scoring. Bullshit.

I think it is a pretty good rule. He did something illegal and this is part of his punishment, why is this political or shady?