Nick Diaz (BJJ) calls out Parisyan

from http://graciefighter.com

Wednesday, November 19

Word hit the academy today that when asked about a future match with Nick Diaz, Karo Parisyan tated "Diaz is afraid to fight me".

In response Diaz has chosen to reply by stating the following: "Karo, I'll fight you anywhere, anytime. Not only am I not afraid to fight you, I look forward to it. If you want to stand with me I'll knock you out. If you want to trade submissions I'll tap you out. You pick."

Anybody seen Karo's post-Strasser fight interview? More fuel for net feuds but should be interesting and very good for future ticket sales.

This is gossip.

yeah, it was actually cleared up on another forum.

For all his skill, Karo is very soft spoken. He never said what he was claimed to have said.

Thanks gents! So, graciefighter probably published it to build up hype for a future fight or to make it happen.

MMA or not, "netwits" will still turn it into a BJJ vs Judo fued. My hunch is these turds train neither...

I guess Karo will be facing Spratt in UFC 46 per the UG posts/rumors.

Also, a similar UG thread kind of "Cleared up" the "he said/she said" smack talk. Chris Brennan indicated Karo didn't say Nick was afraid to fight him.

Apparently, a Gracie student who rolled at Karo's school came back to the Bay Area and reported Karo said "blah blah blah."

Anyway, the smack talk is very inconsistent with Karo's quiet persona, almost like a Boy Scout when I first saw him at Junior Nationals.

where does karo practice? did he compete in either rendevous or us open before, and how has he done? any information on him would be appreciated, thanks...

he is from gokor's dojo in LA. he was in the top 5 of the US for awhile, but odds on his getting into the trials now are next to nil as 81kg is solidly packed with 5 B-level athletes now.

he has fought at the US Open a few times.. im pretty sure he cracked the top 7 once or twice. i dont remember him ever going to the rendezvous. he was on the US Jr World Team a few years ago. he also took bronze at the US Nationals twice.

he has a really nice uchimata as his biggest throw in judo. scrappy fella, right handed. decent grips, agressive.

-resnick

(clearing stuff up) I don't believe Karo's intent was to make this
Olympic Team. He and I and everyone at Gokor's talk quite often
and that was never the biggest thing on their minds. If it
happened it happened was the attitude as I saw it. He took bronce
this year at the nationals.

Now on to the he say she say stuff. WHO CARES? it is fight hype
and bluster. if Karo said this or someone else said that great.
When will we ever get away from this I need to be humble BS? Let
people say what they want to say - This is America right? Karo and
many cool people I know love the banter and bluff as well as
bragging rights when itis over. Are we still able to be great pals
outside? HELL YEA. Pedro and I used to have wars and we talk all
the time - not to say that there some guys I don't speak to, but
that is for other reasons.

Folks, it all comes down to this - if you want boring competition
go watch Kata, but if you want to have exciting action and fight
build up, then damit let the fighters say what they want without
reading into it that they are this way or that way. Just enjoy the
ride.

Somebody get me a beer.

David

JOSH,

PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU COME OFF AS AN AUTHORITY.

1. THERE ARE NOT 5 'B' LEVEL ATHLETES AT 81KG. THERE ARE 4

(SOURCE; REAL JUDO MAGAZINE)

2. KARO WAS NEVER A JR. WORLD TEAM MEMBER

(SOURCE; AARON COHEN 81KG 2000 & 1998 (NO TEAM SENT IN '98)

3. KARO ONLY HAS 1 US NATIONALS MEDAL

SOURCE; (KARO PARISYAN)

4. KARO'S BIGGEST THROW IN JUDO IS NOT UCHIMATA, HIS GO-TO MOVE IS DROP SEOI.

IN THE FUTURE PLEASE RESEARCH YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING POSTS OTHER PEOPLE CAN SEE. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW MUCH INCORRECT INFORMATION YOU HAVE FLOODED THIS SITE WITHIN YOU OVER 2000 POSTS. GET A LIFE YOU ZERO!!!

Now this is Jason Morris for sure - i know this actual banter

David

lol. truth wizard.. amazing names trolls come up with.
lets get a few things straight.

i dont know what karo's favorite throw is.. i know it is his uchimata that has put down more players from what i have seen. i know he used it to beat my teammate, lee heitzman, at the golden state tournament a few months ago and at the senior nationals. i also know that he used it when i lived in LA and we did some randori together. im not saying uchimata is his favorite throw, im saying from what i have seen, it is his biggest weapon in competition.

oh, there arent 5 people ranked as B's at -81kg.. huh? wow, i must really be stupid here then.. lets count..
rick hawn, aaron cohen, tetsu okano, reno reser, david ellis.. hmph. im pretty sure thats 5. shall we count...? 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.. yea, FIVE. source: US Judo website.. it is A LOT more up to date than real judo magazine on these things. i suggest you stop being an idiot and look at it from time to time.

and, if karo only has 1 bronze medal at the nationals then i wonder how it is that he was ranked as a C athlete last year..? i could possibly be incorrect about his having 2 bronze medals at the nationals, but it isnt the type of thing that would give an idiot like yourself ground to come at me like this.

i know that 2 years ago aaron went out early with a knee injury and that left rich hawn and reno reser to battle it out for first place. lee heitzman came through to fight enrico taylor for one bronze and i could swear that the other bronze was won by karo. it is possible im wrong, but if he didnt then i cant imagine how he was ranked as a C athlete that year.

i suppose it would also be possible that he wasnt on the jr. world team. but, i know that 2 people from gokor's club were. 1 of them being manuel grambruyan, and i thought the other was karo. again, it is possible that i was wrong on this, but like i said, i know 2 people from that club were on that team very recently. all the same, if karo was not on the jr. world team i do remember him beating aaron cohen in one of the junior nationals that summer as it was.

if you have an issue with me, then bring it to me. stop hiding like the trolling bitch you are behind an issue like this and lets see what we end up with.

you are the truth of nothing, and im not hiding. so, bring whatever it is youd like to me and we can deal with it. until that time, go get a boyfriend and ask him if its okay for you to borrow his nuts.

-resnick

Ummmmm (not knowing what to respond other then DAMN)

Resnick is right about the one bronze but Karo did lose that match
in Indianapolis as I remember. It was a close fight I just can't
remember if it was Ellis.

David

laffin my fucking ass off

Josh,

Apparently it is YOU who can't read. Reno Reser is not a 'B'. The US JUDO website is filled with errors (including listing Karo as a C before) which you would have found out for yourself had you read a little further. But if you want to keep thinking he is why don't you tell me what tournament he has his B from? And why don't you do that...how did you put it 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. times. Dumbass

It's "not possible" that you were wrong...you are 100% wrong...AGAIN Manny was on the 2000 Jr. World team and Sarkis was on the 2002 team. Karo's points in 2002 were 1 from the Golden state invitational and 1 from a 5th place finish (to Dave Ellis) at the Nationals in OHIO. (He also took 5th at the NY Open to Aaron Cohen but as we all know you didn't get points for that in '02)

PS Updog....What's updog? :p

Aaron Cohen is the best hahahaha jk im 2nd best

Oh Reno has a B for a few more months till British Open.

Maybe I was wrong you dont get a B from 5th at the British what do I know oh well

actually, the magazine looks good with keith on the cover. yea, i have a 3 year subscription... so, um. whats your point?

its good that there are people who follow each and every placing that people have had at the nationals. glad you are fans of karo and cohen and morris's guys as well. though, for the life of me i cant imagine how pathic you must be in real life to go balistic over who won a bronze medal at 81kg 2 years ago to get his C ranking.

everybody knows cohen was on the jr. world team, but for the life of me i cant think of who Sarkis is so thats most likely why i thought that was Karo instead.

far as reno goes.. not a clue, havent been following what medal he took at what tournament. i figured if he didnt medal at the open he must have in canada. he is normally up there fighitng for the medal so that isnt at all difficult to see. and, as far as that goes, he will remain a 'B' until that website is update i suppose. errors happen all the time, yea.. and they are just that.. ERRORS.

i can understand how somebody being mistaken over something from 2+ years ago is a huge dishonor to you, but please try to bring yourself to understand that not everybody has the perfect memory of yourself. but, a lot of us are still smart enough to know pick-ups aren't all about power just becuase your green-belt friend can do them and you cant.

yet, you want to be critical of a fella with uncontrolled epilepsy who is still able to go out on the mat night after night and fight his ass off-- even win matches against some above average players. you want to put down a guy who is lucky to even be allowed to do his best to represent himself, his friends, family and even country whenever he gets the chance. now, excuse me here, but who is the pathetic bastard?

i dont want your fuckin sympathies or even your kind fuckin words. i want to you come out here, or anywhere that i may be someday.. and step on the mat with me so i can see who the bitch is with my own eyes.

-resnick

Josh,

Exactly! Stop posting info that you "think you heard/ think you know/ think you saw/ think you remember etc etc" and don't get your panties in a bunch when someone actually knows the information and simply states the facts.

I heard/think/remember/saw etc. etc. that getting on the mat with you is nothing special.

truth..
come find out for yourself.
-resnick