Nick Diaz - is he coming back ...

I'll buy any show this guy fight on. I stated my reasons in another post but here again:

So many reasons: too many to list but here are the main few.
- His shit talking - His pre-fight interviews - His taunting of his opponents - His GQ fibering his hair in the jumbo tron after his fight. - His detailed analysis of fight mode vs. market mode - Always brings an exciting fight - This guy had to have been the first to discover LA Looks Hair Gel that's how fucking raw he really is.

ttt for LA Looks

anyone have confirmation on suspension length??

hopefully he returns, but i'll buy any card he's on anyways

pretty sure it's six months

There's a post-suspension interview (in text, lost the link) where he implies it's a six month hiatus where as normally he fights everythree months because all he really wants to do right after a fight is fight again.

I found this, would you call it confirmation?

"Diaz, who scored a submission victory via gogoplata over Gomi at PRIDE 33, tested positive for marijuana in his post-fight drug test at the February event. Today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission erased the win from his record and also suspended Diaz for six months from the date of his fight and fined him $3,000Diaz, who scored a submission victory via gogoplata over Gomi at PRIDE 33, tested positive for marijuana in his post-fight drug test at the February event. Today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission erased the win from his record and also suspended Diaz for six months from the date of his fight and fined him $3,000."
http://ufcjunkie.com/category/nick-diaz/

What a shame! God I love that guy.

The UFC should do a show from the Netherlands, "UFC 80: Reefer Madness in Rotterdam," maybe.

I hope he comes back soon, He always comes to bang

"tested positive for marijuana in his post-fight drug test at the February event."

Gotta be 1 of the stupidest things I have ever heard, overturning the result because of a non-performance enhancing drug and doing a post-fight test instead of a pre-fight test. I can understand a suspension.

"and doing a post-fight test instead of a pre-fight test."

We used to have pre-fight tests sometimes when I raced bicycles for a living. Those were the days we could really dump everything in the drug tackle box into our veins. Pre-fight testing = a dopers best friend.

yes because taking steroids right before an event is useful. Pre-fight tests are useless because anyone can pass them. it is much harder to past a post event test.