Nick Diaz...Not a superstar.

At least not as a contender.

The two best opponents he ever faced were Condit and GSP and he lost decisively to both of them.

All this talk about demanding only superfights only for him need to stop.

Diaz IS a great fighter,but between him pissing the UFC off,getting outclassed and whining ala'Rampage when someone doesnt engage him the way he would prefer,and failing drug tests...

After all these years I still think he needs to prove he is as good as he and many others think he is,cuz as of now in the UFC he hasnt done anything.

To speak of him vs. Anderson Silva is embarrassing.

He needs to step back and fight a guy like Robbie Lawler and prove himself at a high level.

he knows he cant beat anyone to get to a title shot so has find some way of getting one.  it worked with getting the GSP fight so why stop?

This thread is not going to work out well I have a feeling.

I thought Nick lost the Condit fight but it is far from a "decisive" fight either way.

He does need to stop talking like he deserves title shots. He is 1-2 in his return to the UFC.

Ah fuck off Phone Post 3.0

I do think its absurd to suggest he fights anderson but The Robbie lawler comment makes me think this is a troll. Phone Post

Nick doesn't care about being a superstar I don't think.

He's there to fight, not suck up to a bunch of anonymous fans and idiot reporters.

Good for him.  Fuck that shit.

Diaz is just a good fighter that had tons of undeserved hype.

he's got a loud mouth, no common sense and and a shitty attitude.

the only 'superfight' diaz needs is the one with his friends at the IRS.

he was badly exposed. Actually the whole camp is starting to not look good. a year ago people were pining on how they'd have all these champions in the UFC, now that 3 lost and never had a chance, the only one left is the only real contender they had to begin with. melendez. The guy you hear the least about, but deserves the accolades more than any of them

6ULDV8 - 

He's there to fight, not suck up to a bunch of anonymous fans and idiot reporters.

yeah well if all he's there for is to fight, he needs to find another place to go, his record shows that pretty clearly.

What he REALLY did, was fuck himself out of millions of dollars because of a fucked up attitude.

he blew the biggest chance he'll ever or has ever had, and it aint comin back

LOTS OF FAGGOTS ON THIS THREAD, INCLUDING OP.

you were educated in the 209 weren't you?

You guys make a cute troll team.

Humphrey: Lets troll the UG

voorhees: oh dude, I got a good Nick Diaz thread. he gets about 5x more replies than GSP threads because 209 is so stupid.

Humphrey: O M G! Let's do this, I'm so wet.

I always hear about how Diaz fans are puke worthy but its the haters than never shut up. Phone Post

Humphrey - 
6ULDV8 - 

yeah well if all he's there for is to fight, he needs to find another place to go, his record shows that pretty clearly.

What he REALLY did, was fuck himself out of millions of dollars because of a fucked up attitude.

he blew the biggest chance he'll ever or has ever had, and it aint comin back

Wonderful, but I don't think he gives much of a fuck.

It's nice to see you do though.  Have fun with that motherfucker.

Regardless of this thread's validity, a Lawler/Diaz 2 would be fun, admit it.

So, the moment a takedown occurs, what goes through your mind? I'll be honest, I am instantly irritated with the striker who is unable to defend a takedown, but as the blanketing persists, I become increasingly upset with the wrestler for being "boring". Longevity of the secondary response wins out and in the end I'm totally convinced that the wrestler is to blame for everything that's wrong with the world.

Bearing that in mind, I think on a sub-conscious level most people are getting sick and tired of fighters who are unable to counteract the wrestling advantage, and end up being blanketed, but they transfer their ire onto the wrestler, because "he did it".

Naturally it's not "cool" to blame the striker for having shitty TDD, so it's all a wrestler's fault, for being able to successfully implement his strategy.

Diaz vs Gomi one of the best fight's Ever! Unreal fight!!!

Him an Franklin would be very interesting, he doesn't have the power to ko Franklin with one shot and Franklin is better then any competition he has beaten. Plus Diaz has talked alot of shit about Franklin being a teacher, I'm sure Franklin would come in very motivated to show Diaz that he is a great fighter. I'd love to see it. Phone Post 3.0

LEGHOUND_IS_THICK_SOLID_TIGHT - 

you're fucking stupid vorhees i can't stand your posts.

fuck off.

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Regardless of this thread's validity, a Lawler/Diaz 2 would be fun, admit it.

VTFU

A twelver 2 posts in and this dude knows what's up.

And your next post is exactly what Diaz was saying leading up to this fight.  If you can lie down on a person and throw elbows to keep busy without them having room to get up, you win.

If you have to punch on the ground you create space for the other fighter to get up, or go for subs on you.

It might just have been me, but Dana looked like he was really listening to what Nick had to say, because Nick had a point I think.