Nick Diaz Promises ‘Whole New Me’ in 2023 Comeback

NDA in 3,2,1

3 Likes

Nate Diaz may have left Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), but his big brother, Nick, is still planning a return.

The former Strikeforce Welterweight champion ended a six-year hiatus in Sept. 2021, rematching Robbie Lawler at UFC 266. Unfortunately for Diaz, he came up short in the Middleweight encounter, suffering an early third round technical knockout loss (watch highlights).

Despite the performance being one of his weaker ones, Diaz, 39, still has confidence in his capabilities and intends on fighting in 2023.
“You can see me back on top in 2023, I’m making a comeback,” Diaz said while attending Crazy Horse 3 in Las Vegas to watch UFC 282. “I’m going to be quicker than ever, stronger than ever, better than ever — I’m just gonna be a whole new me. Whoever is on top at the time [I want], preferably Israel Adesanya, if he gets his title back.”

Diaz’s most recent bout against Lawler was changed from Welterweight to Middleweight mid-fight week after the Stockton, Calif. native requested additional weight. His days at 170 pounds appear to be numbered with the former Middleweight champion, Adesanya, in his sights
Last month (Nov. 12, 2022) at UFC 281, Adesanya tasted defeat for the first time in his career at 185 pounds. Brazil’s Alex Pereira made good on his first career UFC title tilt and third overall combat sports clash with “The Last Stylebender,” stealing the title with a fifth round technical knockout
It’s never too clear exactly which direction the promotion plans to take with fighters as unique as the Diaz brothers. In the case of this desired match up, however, Diaz will likely at least need to wait for an expected Pereira versus Adesanya rematch to take place before there’s any chance at all of him jumping into that mix.

Poll
Do you want to see Nick Diaz fight again?
Yes
No
VOTE view results

Animated GIF

10 Likes

Hes going to post that picture about Nicks significant strikes per minute

5 Likes

https://tenor.com/view/mike-tyson-laugh-gif-20758143

7 Likes

This is going to end poorly.

12 Likes

Hahahaahahahahahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Would love to see Nick return to form, hope it happens but I fear as Khabib has said, something like every fighter can only have one meteoric rise in MMA and then the fighter is faced with a decline.

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes

clearly something was up with nick in his last fight injury wise so ill give it a pass and be watching this one as most fans will… he may not be that 2010 machine anymore but he has real fight skills and always a problem in the cage…

3 Likes

In 8 months he’s going to be 40. He fights .4 times per year over the last decade.

Wolf tickets yo!

I like diaz despite his flaws, but i dont see how this is rooted in reality.

4 Likes

He looked to be dinged and rusty
Plus not bringing his full gas tank

I would love to see him fight some more, that wasn’t a bad performance at all considering the layoff and opponent

2023: the year of successful comebacks

5 Likes

Wait he called out Izzy :joy::joy: nah fuck MW homie. Can you imagine Nick v. AP that would not end well

3 Likes

This

1 Like