Nick Diaz Reacts

2 Likes

Usman has beaten Colby, Burns, and Edwards.

None of which I see going any differently if they re-match.

But… you just can’t give a guy a title shot solely because he hasn’t fought the champ yet lol not when they’re coming off a loss. Specially a bad one like Thompson just had

Aaaaaand before you or anyone says it yes I know Diaz got a title shot against GSP coming off a “loss” but that’s only cause everyone and their mother knows Diaz won that fight against Condit. The ufc was just covering its own ass since they knew Diaz was testing positive for weed afterwards

1 Like

Yeah, you contradicted yourself in your own post.

The UFC needs to either have a rankings system and stick with it in some fashion or not.

2 Likes

If he brutalizes Lawler, I can totally see Dana giving him a shot, this is Nick Diaz we’re talking about here. If not immediately then I can see them matching him up with Burns or Masvidal and giving him a shot after that. I don’t think a fight with Edwards makes much sense as I think he deserves the shot after Colby.

You might argue Thompson should be ahead because he’s higher in the rankings but him coming off a loss in a boring fight puts him behind Diaz.

UFC are good to their cash cows, and Diaz doesn’t have a lot of time left. Look at how the let GSP come out of retirement and fight for a belt in a division he’s never even fought in. Diaz isn’t GSP, but he’s not getting an immediate shot either. Popularity trumps the rankings system.

I think if he beats Lawler, they’ll set up a fight with Masvidal for sure. There’s history there with his brother. Likely even dust off the BMF strap and put it up for grabs…They need to cash in on that angle asap.

I remember when mma fans were just happy when an exciting match was announced. Now it’s just a bitch fest with endless whining like how the matches “don’t mean anything”, was signed too late, is it for a title shot, etc.

3 Likes

Exactly. Like just be happy 2 fan favorites are about to fight for our entertainment.

1 Like

Yes please, and the ranking should absolutely NOT be done by a bunch of fake ass journalists who don’t train at a high level and mainly write SJW bullshit or about drama behind the scenes.

Now, how do we do rankings in a way that makes sense?

The rankings mean nothing.

And they’re not even voted on by journalists anymore. Its directly controlled by Zuffa. Everyone should ha e realized this when Khabib requested to be #1 in the P4P rankings before retiring and Dana said they’ll make it happen and did. What’s that Leon Edward’s? You don’t want to fight who we say? Okay, you’re off the rankings.

It’s a joke.

Which is sad and doesn’t help make this more of a “sport.”

Diaz hasn’t brutalized anyone in a while. (I love Diaz by the way and wished he would have been more active in the past)

Thompson is higher ranked and thus should be fighting Usman first imo.

I think what everyone wants though is to have Diaz fight someone, anyone!

I don’t think that you have to even train to be able to make decent rankings but you have to be objective and look at a fighter’s career and actually base it on something other than money if you want them to be SPORTS rankings.

Neither have any chance of getting back to the top at this point. It’s purely a legacy fight.

2 Likes

LOL!! That pic is perfect.

1 Like

5year ban for weed… ufc didnt wanted him, as they wanted jones to be a champ
Anw i love this match up, he should fight condit next or masvidal

can’t wait for the press conferences

Rankings aside, canucklehead, do you really want to see wonderboy fight usman after what we saw with burns?

1 Like

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

1 Like

He’s rated number 4 and styles make fights.

So, yeah.

It’s not like the top 3 will go any different in a re-match.

Call me crazy but I don’t think nick makes it past Robbie this time. Lawler is too powerful and nicks had a lot of time off.