Nick Diaz should not train wrestling at all

Anyone else think this?

GSP is obviously light years ahead of diaz in the wrestling department so whats the point of working on it at all? IMO he should spend the majority of his time working on his guard because thats where hes going to be 80% of the fight.

Datguy - Anyone else think this?

GSP is obviously light years ahead of diaz in the wrestling department so whats the point of working on it at all? IMO he should spend the majority of his time working on his guard because thats where hes going to be 80% of the fight.

Gsp is going to get boxed up homie Phone Post

Tito's training camp? GREAT IDEA!

Well, one could say his gaurd is pretty much as good as it gets, so why train that then? waste of time??

like, his gaurd isn't going to go up huge when with the extra 3 months, cause the 10plus years b4 wasn't enough..

lol, get my point

Diego Sanchez showed how to beat Nick Diaz with wrestling. Joe Stevenson also showed how to beat Nate Diaz with wrestling, he is very similar to his brother. That seems like their only hole in their games, wrestling. I just hope GSP takes some chances because you know Diaz will be the entire time!

Daverr - 
Well, one could say his gaurd is pretty much as good as it gets, so why train that then? waste of time??

like, his gaurd isn't going to go up huge when with the extra 3 months, cause the 10plus years b4 wasn't enough..

lol, get my point

Diaz wrestling skills will not improve to anywhere near GSP's in 3 months either so as i said, there is really no point in training it.

3 months of hard work on his guard with guys like Jake Shields will be alot more beneficial than training any sort of wrestling.

^^ i think you mean joe riggs

^^ oh my bad, i see you meant nate

there's a difference between training wrestling like he's gonna get in there and outwrestle him, and sharpening up his takedown defense skills & scrambles and trying to study tape so he can anticipate when GSP will try to shoot.

if you genuinely think there's no point in any of it, then it's a good thing nobody's careers are depending on your coaching.

MonsterBalls - I think Nick needs to work on defending takedowns.

Gilbert is a great training partner with great speed and wrestling abilities. I think they'll have enough guys taking Nick down, they even brought in Chael Sonnen and Matt Lindland for Jake's training camp vs GSP. Too bad the entire fight was standup!

Datguy - 
Daverr - 

3 months of hard work on his guard with guys like Jake Shields will be alot more beneficial than training any sort of wrestling.

hes been training his gaurd with shields for like 10 years is what im saying.. its not going to improve much in 3 months, if at all

He needs to train getting a good take down ,, then it's on Phone Post