Nick Diaz, The Victim

Nick Diaz is still harboring a deep grudge against the world for the way his combat sports career has been handled over the years.

The popular Stockton, Calif., fighter has fought just once in the past seven years, and would be on a four-fight losing streak if his loss to Anderson Silva in 2015 hadnā€™t been overturned to a ā€œNo Contestā€ after ā€œThe Spiderā€ tested positive for steroids. His last win came all the way back in 2011 when he beat B.J. Penn via decision at UFC 137.

That didnā€™t stop him from wondering where heā€™d be if UFC hadnā€™t screwed him over all these years.

This week (Sun., Jan. 29, 2023) marked the 12-year anniversary of Nick Diazā€™s dominating submission win over Evangelista ā€œCyborgā€ Santos in Strikeforce, a moment memorialized online via UFCā€™s many social media accounts. That annoyed Diaz, who made an Instagram Reel to voice his unhappiness.
ā€œThese motherfā€”ers are lucky,ā€ he wrote over footage of the win. ā€œI got fā€”ed over my whole career. Otherwise I have the UFC belt by now maybe both of them.ā€

Diaz had a spotless record in Strikeforce where he went undefeated (6-0) and captured the promotionā€™s Welterweight championship, defending it three times. Things got pretty rocky after UFC bought Strikeforce, though. After the debut win over Penn, Diaz would lose to Carlos Condit in a fight for UFCā€™s interim 170-pound title. Despite the loss, heā€™d still get a shot at Georges St-Pierre in another title fight one year later. ā€œGSPā€ would blank Nick 50-45 on all three judgesā€™ scorecards.
A 2015 fight against Anderson Silva would end in another loss and another failed marijuana test. Nevada officials threw the book at Diaz, attempting to suspend him for five years. After a public outcry and lawsuit, Diaz was cleared to fight in Aug. 2016, but didnā€™t compete again for years. A 2019 Instagram post of an inebriated Diaz summed up his feelings at the time: ā€œFā€” all this, I donā€™t want to hurt nobody. I just want to party.ā€

A 2021 comeback fight against Robbie Lawler didnā€™t work out so well for Nick, who was reportedly suffering from ruptured discs in his neck at the time. Reports now have the elder Diaz brother looking healthier than ever coming into 2023, and the 39-year-old is hoping to land a fight against former UFC Middleweight champion, Israel Adesanya.

1 Like
8 Likes

Heā€™s right to be mad. The commission suspended him for 5 years I think forā€¦ weed. That makes zero sense

After George left The WW belt was passed around like a Cali blunt.

Robbie. Hendricks. Tyron.

All guys Nick would have clowned at that time. Coming off the Strikeforce run and beating BJ Penn and going 5 rounds with Anderson Silva who knocked out LHWā€™s all under 5 minutesā€¦ yeah Nick would have owned that 170 division at that time. With ease too. The only threat was Rory McJuice head but Nick is better than Nate and he would have beaten Rory

diazvsgomi

5 Likes

Yes

Prolly not

11 Likes

I love when people say Johnny Hendricks would beat Nick.

Johnny abandoned his wrestling and fell in love with his hands cause he had power (steroids). Nick would have outboxed him for days or submit him if he did actually take Nick down

3 Likes

He would have beaten Robbie again. It would have been no different from their first fight

Hendricks had nothing for Nick

Tyron Woodley lmao. Dude is a walking L. Nick would have out boxed him for days easy 50-45 win

1 Like

He had wrestling, which both he and Nate have never been able to counter.

GSP dominated Nick, and juicy Hendricks was arguably better than GSP in that period

1 Like

JH stopped using his wrestling and fell in love with his hands

I remember hearing Diaz complain that he didnā€™t have people around him taking care of his needs etc like GSP did and I was thinking, ā€œWell, go hire people to do that.ā€ I mean thatā€™s what GSP did with his money. He went and found people to do the things for him he needed doing so that he could concentrate on doing the things he had to do to get to where he wanted to be.

Nick has had years to figure this out and find people to do that for him but he does not and then complains because he hasnā€™t had that in his life.

I love the Diaz bros as fighters and think they are really good but at some point you have to plan your house and if you donā€™t thatā€™s on you.

11 Likes

It was a ridiculous suspensionā€¦however he does like to play the victim angle because he wasnā€™t ultimately suspended 5 years. It got overturned. He was eligible to fight the next year in Aug 2016ā€¦Nick chose not to fight again until 2021. Perhaps he didnā€™t want to pay his fine, perhaps he didnā€™t want to submit more drug tests going forward, but those are all his own choices.

7 Likes

He didnā€™t want to pay the fine

Tyrone would have cleaned the octagon with Nickā€™s head, and prepared it for the next fight
Hendricks would have done it the same

Delusional fan boy cant think clearly, again

3 Likes

Nick and Nate wasted years of their prime not fighting. They are idiots

9 Likes

Nick wasted his best years and cost himself millions and millions of bucks. Heā€™s a dummy

6 Likes

Yup ^^^ The Victim

1 Like

He decided to party and not fight. Thatā€™s the definition of wasting your own career as a fighter.

8 Likes

itā€™s awkward to watch him complain. how ever they tried to bum him in his early 30s, certainly they will have tried, he was already there bumming himself.

1 Like