Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva

A few years ago this would have probably been just written off as a troll thread. With GSP out and Nick Diaz showing some of the best boxing in the UFC I think this fight is on the horizon at some point. I think if He destroys Carlos Condit the way he destroyed BJ Penn standing this fight should seriously be considered as there is no interesting standup fights for Anderson Silva in the MW division. Thoughts?

If Diaz is willing, then sure.

...but come on, Anderson Silva would decimate him.

Lol nick going to 185 ? Phone Post

I'll buy it! Phone Post

Wait until diaz gets massacred by gsp to suggest an anderson Phone Post

eagleswhat1 -
FingerorMoon - 

Diaz has called out Anderson in the past......I'd take Diaz pressure striking over ando trying to slip punches and counter

Ridiculous,...silva definitely gets the ko EARLY. And that statement about about. Body punches??...in mma body shots usually lead to you getting tagged, most stupid thing in mma = body punching "combos".
Though I must admit for some damn reason Diaz always gets away with it. Phone Post

mdh2k10 - 
FingerorMoon - 

anderson's counter punching is so effective because all the guys he fights completely head hunt

diaz going to the body the way he does could make the match up very very interesting

eagleswhat1 - Diaz has called out Anderson in the past......I'd take Diaz pressure striking over ando trying to slip punches and counter

The best striker Diaz has faced in the last 5 years is Noons, a much smaller lighter guy than Silva. Diaz is 1-1 with him and didn't finish him.

But now he is going to go up a division against a taller, much heavier and stronger champion, who has what most people agree is the best striking in MMA and who holds many of the UFC records, winning mostly by KO ...and he's going to 'pressure' him with body punches?

LOL come on...

FingerorMoon -
mdh2k10 - 
FingerorMoon - 

anderson's counter punching is so effective because all the guys he fights completely head hunt

diaz going to the body the way he does could make the match up very very interesting

eagleswhat1 - Diaz has called out Anderson in the past......I'd take Diaz pressure striking over ando trying to slip punches and counter

The best striker Diaz has faced in the last 5 years is Noons, a much smaller lighter guy than Silva. Diaz is 1-1 with him and didn't finish him.

But now he is going to go up a division against a taller, much heavier and stronger champion, who has what most people agree is the best striking in MMA and who holds many of the UFC records, winning mostly by KO ...and he's going to 'pressure' him with body punches?

LOL come on...

/thread

Only other thing I'd point out is Diaz wouldnt move up to fight miller, but would move up to fight silva?

Lol Phone Post

TOTALLY RANDOM THOUGHT but now that they're both in the UFC if diaz takes a decline or mayhem seriously steps it up i think that'd be a pretty cool fight and I'm sure the ufc would love to put it on. like I said, circumstances have to be right though

TOTALLY RANDOM THOUGHT but now that they're both in the UFC if diaz takes a decline or mayhem seriously steps it up i think that'd be a pretty cool fight and I'm sure the ufc would love to put it on. like I said, circumstances have to be right though

nick gets hit often, hes been dropped many times. ando hits harder than all of em...

why? there are plenty of fights at ww for nick

I love this fight. Win or lose Diaz fights are nearly always entertaining. Diaz and Henderson would be another awesome match up.

I like Diaz. But Anderson would brutally wreck him. Anderson would out box him as well. Phone Post

Nick Diaz was out boxed by Muhsin.

Diaz for the win. 

"Only other thing I'd point out is Diaz wouldnt move up to fight miller, but would move up to fight silva?"

This!!

Good fucking lord Phone Post

Horrible matchup for Diaz. He would have to find a sub off his back. Phone Post

TOAO - NSF 06/14/2008 Win Muhsin Corbbrey EliteXC: Return of the King TKO/RSC Referee Stoppage from Strikes 3 3:59

True. What that doesn't say is that Diaz came in almost 20 lbs. over weight, didn't cut, and I said Muhsin out boxed him. Stoppage from strikes happened on the ground in the 3rd.