Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler 2 in September

Not very many winnable fights for Nick against the top ten,so I like this match-up.A wrestling ground n pounder is Nicks nightmare at this point which Robbie isnt.

1 Like

I was there live for the first fight (most action packed UFC ever imo) and the guy sitting next to me was the editor / owner of Headblade. All the press monkeys (like myself) were telling him what to expect. When Lawler v Diaz came up we were all telling him “The Jiu-Jitsu fighter has to get it to the ground and Lawler is the better wrestler so he’s gonna blow that guy up.” Oopsie.

On a side note at the post-presser Diaz was INCREDIBLY well spoken, no stuttering, apologized for the trash talk, talked well about Lawler and was completely underwhelmed by the microphone and all the cameras.

1 Like

Hope Lawler let’s his hands go. Lately he hasn’t been doing that then when there is like a min left in the fight he finally starts throwing.

I’m the press-monkey behind Diaz at 7:52’ish in the obnoxious aloha shirt and puka shells.

2 Likes

I was going to say that you were not paying very close attention to the fight for being press,and then I realized that it was in between rounds.

I’m probably still telling him how Lawler will end it this round because he’s mad lol.

Awesome

I rember being bewildered that diaz was talking smack to robbie fuckin lawler that fight

Instant fan of his once that happened, and before the ending

Diaz was yelling “Where are you going?!? I’m right here BITCH!”

Then in the post-presser he said that his plan was for Robbie to come forward and counter him (which make sense, he was timing the check hook well before he ended the fight with it) and when Robbie stopped coming forward he didn’t have another plan so he started taunting him to get him to attack. Which we now know is bullshit, he talks shit every fight.

Finally this is the best fight for both guys.

Im glad for this match up.Also wouldnt mind seeing these.

Diego Sanchez

Donald Cerrone

Carlos Condit

Needs to be 5 rounds. 5th Round Robbie Lawler is unbeatable.

1 Like

PLEEEEEASE!

Someone needs to be decapitated if this doesn’t happen.

Lets Get It On Fight GIF

Terrible fight for Lawler if Nick comes in and puts pressure on him. Lawler has looked so bad lately and is just to gunshy.

Compared to Diaz who spent the last 8 years drunk lmao?

Robbie please retire. My favorite all time fighter but he has been gun shy in every fight outside of the Askren fight and he just doesn’t have it anymore.

This is good match making. Really hope to see Nick back in there and looking in shape. Some of his insta stories over the past years have been really bad. Then again his latest posts are him doing triathlons.

Why the Nick hate?