Nick Newell is the most inspiring fighter in MMA

Poptarts -
bradu - 

super impressive. The dude hits a spinning back stump and goes on to choke out his opponent! I was doubting him just a bit, I had said in another thread that I was surprised he was coming in as such a heavy favorite. He proved me wrong, and showed why the bookmakers had such faith in him. Will he be a UFC champ? Probably not? Will he make it to the UFC? Possibly not...but the dude is LEGIT.

Rumor has it, his "multi fight deal" is a 4 fight deal, if he goes 3-1 or better he will be UFC bound or else Bellator puts down some real money to get him. This guy is a 10-0 pro fighter if he keeps this up he will be a really big inspiration and media cash cow. If he crashes and burns once he hits too high of a plateau it may be very ugly though, that's why he's in WSOF right now it's like the UFC is getting his feet dirty without any of the risk to decide if they want to snatch him up.
A lot of guys in WSOF and other shows have Zuffa outs in their contracts. Some of the smaller regional shows here in New England do that with the guys they sign that are on te cusp of getting signed to the UFC. Phone Post 3.0