Nick Newell vs Joe Lauzon

GrilliamG -

While I might not lead with Lauzon as OP suggests, I think the average UG'er is massively underrating Nick Newell. Yeah, he has one hand and had fought 2 dudes with a Wikipedia page, but seriously suggesting CM Punk is borderline insulting (unless you hate CM Punk, I guess). I know Newell hasn't been fighting the highest level comp every time out, but he's beyond fighting 0-1 opponents. Not to mention Punk is ostensibly a welter, and Newell is a lightweight.

You honestly think Newell could beat CM Punk?

cg51mma -
GrilliamG -

While I might not lead with Lauzon as OP suggests, I think the average UG'er is massively underrating Nick Newell. Yeah, he has one hand and had fought 2 dudes with a Wikipedia page, but seriously suggesting CM Punk is borderline insulting (unless you hate CM Punk, I guess). I know Newell hasn't been fighting the highest level comp every time out, but he's beyond fighting 0-1 opponents. Not to mention Punk is ostensibly a welter, and Newell is a lightweight.

You honestly think Newell could beat CM Punk?

I think he could do it one handed.

DJ Spazzy Dad -

Why not CM Punk vs Newell?

Newell would fucking slaughter him and deserves a real fighter. 

Handy fight for Joe.

Wow. I love Joe Lauzon. Guy is a legend. That being said, the man is has moved past the shopworn stage, over into the completely fucking shot phase of his career. I really hope he retires. I mean this with all due respect. I'm no Newell booster but I'd take him over the ghost of the ghost of Joe Lauzon.