Nicky Rodriguez breaks up the Danaher Death Squad

It seemed like a matter of time before they would have to part ways.
You cant have that many greats and the egos involved on the same mat before they started looking at each other as the competition.
I havent seen any doc about it yet, but it seemed inevitable.

7 Likes

Nicky Ryan wouldn’t split from his brother because Nicky Rod wants a competitive advantage over Gordon.

Nicky Rod has barely thrown blame around.

Seems unlikely anyone on the B Team is the problem

1 Like

In that interview alone Nicky makes multiple passive aggressive comments that imply Gordon Ryan is the problem with the team. Refers to Gordon as poison.

Judging by both teams Instagram content they put out I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that the now b-team members were not nearly as focused or dedicated to training like Gordon and Tonon

2 Likes

And yet it wasn’t a problem until recently.

1 Like

Both teams also had younger members win adcc trials (J rod, Big dan, Luke Griffith) so the future does look bright for them.

I think in Tonons case he has one foot in MMA opposed to the Ruotolo brothers who are the new wave of Jiu Jitsu competitors.

Craig just seems to run hot and cold

3 Likes

Recently someone close to Nicky Rod confirmed that the rumors posted on the other DDS thread were true.

I mean Gordon seems like an asshole and tough being teammates together

OR

They split just to get more people in ADCC?

2 Likes

I missed this thread. Can someone link pls?

Warning, it’s not interesting, but rather gross and weird. I only asked about it to see if the person who posted the rumor was trolling or not.

1 Like

Gordon is an enormous narcissistic piece of shit lol. It’s not an act. He’s on social media anytime he’s not on the mats or doing seminars talking shit or talking himself up or just trying to make himself the center of attention.

I understand it because if I was his age with his reach, success and money I’d be the same.

I honestly could see him getting humbled and growing up and being embarrassed about some of this when he gets older. Not likely but it could happen as he’s very emotionally stunted but not a dumb dude.

Actually I found it very interesting.

I don’t know who Carcaju is in the real life…but his account seems, uh, very plausible

1 Like

For what it’s worth there’s another thread on the BJJ ground (Anyone following ADCC) where this is picked up again. Adam Bradley from ATOS who GR trolls at every given opportunity had a lot to say about the 3sum rumour recently. It’s all a bit of a mess

Also for anyone watching Flo Grappling’s Whose Next series there is some pretty interesting dynamics present on that show too.

I’m going to disagree. I think the B Team isn’t serious 100% of the time. Gordon. And Jon seems like all business every second on the mat. They train, study, and train. B team finds ways to laugh and joke.

Different styles are needed for different mindsets. No one system is better than the other.

I get Nicky doesn’t like Gordon. But think he’s thrown shade at Jon…which I don’t think is cool

John is an Autistic weeb edgelord.

1 Like

Why isnt it cool? Doenst he have a right to his opinion on someone he knows personally?

later

Also, Danaher seems like a complete egotistical a-hole

I’ve met very few martial arts instructors that weren’t.

1 Like

You misspelled egotistic.