Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)

IF you are interested in "anti-aging" developments and research and don't already know about this, please allow me to introduce you to NR.

First of all, per Wikipedia:

Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is a pyridine-nucleoside form of vitamin B3 that functions as a precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide or NAD+.According to the peer-reviewed literature, NR was discovered as a human vitamin precursor of NAD+ in 2004 and as a sirtuin-activating compound in 2007 by Charles Brenner.

And...is there finally a source?

wres157 - And...is there finally a source?

Be patient, pee wee. I work deliberately and semi-intelligently.

Haha

wres157 - Spoiler
When administered early enough in the aging process, it was found to work within one week; the muscles of older 2-year old mice were "indistinguishable" from the younger 6-month old animals. It improved muscle wastage, restored mitochondrial function and communication, and improved inflammation and insulin resistance, both of which are known causes of aging.

To put it into perspective, this result was like regenerating the muscles of a 60-year old human to those of a 20-year old.

Jesus H..... you have RUINED this thread and my attempt to gain friends here and make people like me.

In for source. I'll buy and test immediatly.

(space reserved for my gfm. )

MMA Playwright -
wres157 - Spoiler
When administered early enough in the aging process, it was found to work within one week; the muscles of older 2-year old mice were "indistinguishable" from the younger 6-month old animals. It improved muscle wastage, restored mitochondrial function and communication, and improved inflammation and insulin resistance, both of which are known causes of aging.

To put it into perspective, this result was like regenerating the muscles of a 60-year old human to those of a 20-year old.

Jesus H..... you have RUINED this thread and my attempt to gain friends here and make people like me.

He put spoiler alert, asshole.

Fighting - 
MMA Playwright -
wres157 - Spoiler

He put spoiler alert, asshole.

Don't pretend like you've never been so upset that you're not thinking straight. He threw me off my usually cool game and made me into some sort of monster there for a minute.

I removed it, keep on.

Seriously though, I looked into nicotinamide mononucleotide a while ago so I don't remember everything. I'm pretty sure they were going to start a human trial. I know there wasn't a source, and I wasn't about to be a human lab rat.

wres157 - I removed it, keep on.

Seriously though, I looked into nicotinamide mononucleotide a while ago so I don't remember everything. I'm pretty sure they were going to start a human trial. It's different from NR.

No, you've ruined this thread, and, by extension, my life. All the anti-aging pills in the world won't allow me to live long enough to get past this, you cretinous ape.

Oh, and you can google Elysiumâ„¢ to see about the completed human trials and who is backing this stuff.

https://www.elysiumhealth.com/

Well this sure didn't help me get younger 

post the fucking source before I brazillian prison riot your eye sockets.  or I'll sick wres back on you. 

I hereby quit this thread. It has caused me nothing but grief.

It's all yours now, wres.

So Elysium is Nicotinamide Riboside. I though I remember nicotinamide mononucleotide being the more interesting of the two.

Anyway, I was looking at increasing NAD via other pathways and had looked at l-serine w/ caffenie, Mthylene blue, and was looking into other things to reduce Methionine.

Thank god wres is in on this shit now.  OP likes fudge pops.

wres take us home. Tell us more about what you found out. 

Can I buys it?

Talks about increasing NAD via NR, NMN, Resveratrol and other studies:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/beyond-resveratrol-the-anti-aging-nad-fad/

From my understanding it's really only going to benefit older people. You'll need a drop of in Mitochondrial function for it to be of any benefit. There's also the potential for an increased risk of aiding some cancers.

NR is available from a few different sources: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Nicotinamide+Riboside&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ANicotinamide+Riboside

Looks like NMN is still very expensive at this point.

I do hope playwright comes back.