NieR:Automata

Anyone getting this or keeping an eye on it? It's an action JRPG that's the successor to the Original Nier game, directed by Yoko Taro, and set in a dystopian world that's dominated by machines (familiar trope I'd admit)  He and Square Enix have partnered with Platinum Games for development. It's getting great reviews with a current average of 90 on Metacritic. PS4 version launches today, and the PC version one week later

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/nier-automata-ps4/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/

I was really excited about the pretty much since it was announced. Everything looked amazing but then I played the demo and really wasn't into it.

It's been reviewing really well so I'll probably pick it up later but there have been so many great games released this year already that I don't have time right now. I still need to finish Nioh but got distracted by Zelda and I haven't even opened Horizon yet. Plus I got Persona 5 coming soon.

^Yeah it's crazy there are way more games coming out in 2017 so far, than I have time to play. Zelda will probably take me well into april, after that MK8 will be out, and I still want to somehow fit Mass Effect: Andromeda in between..First world problems I guess lol.

If the PC port is good, this will be a rare full price purchase for me, (even if I don't play it right away)in part to support the genre on PC.

Had never heard of this until last week but it has nabbed my curiosity

I loved Nier on the 360. We'll see if it gets an X1 port. I don't usually like Platinum games stuff though. The combat was just right in the original if you ask me. 

The original was extremely underrated so i'm glad this one is getting some love.

Put about 5 hours in today and its pretty damn good, about an 8 for me. The only real issue I have with it is so far at least the open world exploration aspect feels like it could be dialled back if not removed completely and the game would lose absolutely nothing from it. It isnt exactly a richly detailed world full of shit to do. 

Zelda is the only game to play

Akron OG - Zelda is the only game to play
Yeah, when you're nine.

Just started my third playthrough

I'm downloaded and looking forward to playing this after I finish Zelda and Mass Effect Andromeda. It also gives some time to the devs to hopefully fix some apparent problems with the PC port.

Minor spoiler:

Keep on playing after you "complete" it the first time. The game really makes you work before it reveals all of its content. 

B17 - 
MITman2k - 

I'm downloaded and looking forward to playing this after I finish Zelda and Mass Effect Andromeda. It also gives some time to the devs to hopefully fix some apparent problems with the PC port.

<br />
<span class="User-249973" id="userPost59684705">Have not heard of any issues. I did however buy it for PS4 versus my PC. Its more of a controller-type game.</span></blockquote>

There are few mentioned in this article from PC Gamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nier-automatas-pc-port-is-playable-but-disappointing/

None of these are too concerning for me atm other than the fullscreen not displaying the correct/listed resolution bug(on my PC, fullscreen switches the resolution from 1080p to 1080i). It requries a borderless window display program to get around the issue, and I'm not inclined to purchase/buy one at the moment.

Agreed that it looks to be a game better experienced with a controller. I'll probably use either my Steam controller or my Xbox One S controller.

I'm totally intrigued by this game and really want to play it. I secretly hope it comes to switch...

I just bought it strange but interesting game 

Platinum games kicks ass. Still need to get around to okami one day.