Nik Lentz a huge underdog ( 250)?

He could lay and pray his opponent, and he is wont to do.

Thinking about putting money on him with a Glover parlay. Can't see Glover losing, and the odds are not that bad.

Lentz, miller, andy parlay. 50 bucks wins me around 1300

he's fighting against the might of Islam though

him holy and roan... just saying

Can't sleep on Lentz. Good bet

Nick who?

theOGdudeman - Lentz, miller, andy parlay. 50 bucks wins me around 1300
Not bad

Lay and pray as a winning strategy in UFC level MMA is largely dead. Thankfully

Mad Xyientist - Lay and pray as a winning strategy in UFC level MMA is largely dead. Thankfully

Maybe not lay and pray, but using your wrestling skills to get the W.

Case in point - Darren Elkins.

I would actually put lots of money down on Silva, since he is 10 times the striker Brunson is, but Brunson could go back to his wrestling roots after getting KO'd, which is rather common.

theOGdudeman - Lentz, miller, andy parlay. 50 bucks wins me around 1300

I like that

United Yorkie Rescue -
GROUNDnLB - 
Mad Xyientist - Lay and pray as a winning strategy in UFC level MMA is largely dead. Thankfully

I would actually put lots of money down on Silva, since he is 10 times the striker Brunson is, but Brunson could go back to his wrestling roots after getting KO'd, which is rather common.

Can Brunson wrestle fuck even an old Silva without getting caught at some point? Cormier did it but he's bigger, much better wrestler, and Silva had a week's notice and had surgery a month prior so basically came off the couch with zero training camp to fight the LHW champion... And still went the distance and landed some good shots late in the fight.

I'd have to favor Silva unless his chin is totally gone.

Agreed. I am so tempted to put money down on Silva. If can't believe he is an underdog, and not a slim one. I just am wary of age...

Lentz could lay and pray/out wrestle a lot of guys, but the reason this number is so high is because that is very unlikely against Islam. Islam is a bigger, probably better wrestler that just beat a stud in Chris Wade. Lentz, who is small for 155, looked very tired against Danny Castillo in his last bout. Barely won that too.

Oops, I meant 2 fights ago Lentz fought Castillo.

I think Miller is a more live dog considering his proven toughness, submission ability, and Dustin's chin. Not necessarily that it is fragile, but it has taken a lot of damage despite having fewer bouts than Jim.

Anyone else like Miller at +325? 

doerksenfan - Lentz could lay and pray/out wrestle a lot of guys, but the reason this number is so high is because that is very unlikely against Islam. Islam is a bigger, probably better wrestler that just beat a stud in Chris Wade. Lentz, who is small for 155, looked very tired against Danny Castillo in his last bout. Barely won that too.

I agree Lentz is undersized for 155, but I think you're giving Islam too much credit for the aware win. Wade has been underwhelming against wrestlers. I think Lentz is a really good grinder and those huge betting odds are tempting, as a result.

YonYones -

Anyone else like Miller at +325? 

That's another fight where those heavy odds surprised me. Didn't think Jim would be anywhere near the +300 range. That being said, I don't like his chances as much as Nik, and I am only taking one underdog on Sat...

GROUNDnLB -
doerksenfan - Lentz could lay and pray/out wrestle a lot of guys, but the reason this number is so high is because that is very unlikely against Islam. Islam is a bigger, probably better wrestler that just beat a stud in Chris Wade. Lentz, who is small for 155, looked very tired against Danny Castillo in his last bout. Barely won that too.

I agree Lentz is undersized for 155, but I think you're giving Islam too much credit for the aware win. Wade has been underwhelming against wrestlers. I think Lentz is a really good grinder and those huge betting odds are tempting, as a result.

Well, we will agree to disagree. :-)

Wade beat almost everyone in his way with his wrestling until Khabilov. Let's face it, no one looks good against Khabilov, and Islam beat Wade in almost the same fashion - didn't look tired at all either.

GROUNDnLB -

I agree to some extent.

But Darren Elkins wins mist of his fights in the stand up. He is a complete master of cage craft. Watch his fights. He takes everyone out of their game by limiting their movements. He could back Alexander the Great up against the fence.

If Nik Lentz never fought in the UFC again, it would be a better product. No one has ever moved the needle less.

That is all.