Nikola Tesla vs Leonardo da Vinci ?

Who is the man?

It’s difficult to answer that question, as being born centuries later Tesla got to be spoon-fed all the knowledge of Leonardo’s era and all the subsequent centuries while he was in engineering school, he didn’t have to work out the principles like Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism for himself, he just had to understand them.

He was born into a time that already contained steam engines and steam ships and telegraphs etc. etc. so the few steps further he was able to take personally with alternating current dynamos and motors, electrical distribution systems, radio transmission were more or less new engineering applications of established principles of physics.

That said it seems like he had a totally brilliant mind with the way he was able to visualize and design his inventions by imagining both the motions of the magnetic fields and the wear and tear on the mechanical components over time.

Then there is all the kinds of things that he did later on in life where he seems to have ‘tapped into’ yet further levels of knowledge including physical principles as yet not widely understood (or as yet unpublished.. ;-) ), so we don’t know exactly if he was right or just crazy since he wasn’t able to complete the work he intended to do after the funding was cut.

As an artist Da Vinci is probably a clear winner, as an architect and engineer they are pretty level pegging considering the tools and ideas they had at their disposal in their respective eras, as a mental ‘genius’ I’d say Tesla was greater, though in terms of subject matter Da Vinci dabbled in far more areas such as human anatomy, flight, explosives, astronomy etc.

I believe this is very apples to oranges. 

These are two very different cultures at two very very different times. 

Tesla also had that assshole Edison stirring shit his whole career. 

Damn bafoons. Can't even discuss the two of the most influential people that ever lived. Fk, De Vinci was a flamming homo, that alone should get the OG attention.

Draw ... no winner

Sir Isaac Newton was the man !!! Not even close.

issacnewton - Sir Isaac Newton was the man !!! Not even close.

I would have to agree with this.

Dude was incredible.

Touched by God.

Mentally ill (like many of these guys)... but brilliant at the same time.

To do what he did when he did it... incredible.

Unified rules or true NHB?

I would go with Tesla. I named my brothers cat Leonardo who died already. My dog Tesla is still going strong.

Da Vinci has got quite a few runs on the board.

Tesla's known more for what he might have been able to do, than what he actually did.

lionsoul -
issacnewton - Sir Isaac Newton was the man !!! Not even close.

I would have to agree with this.

Dude was incredible.

Touched by God.

Mentally ill (like many of these guys)... but brilliant at the same time.

To do what he did when he did it... incredible.

Touched by God?

The man was a lifelong occultist and into the dark arts.

Same guy(cue Dr. Who music)

Da Vinci was the most diverse genius ever to live (painting, engineering, astronomy, etc...). But people like Newton and Tesla made bigger impacts in specific areas of science.

Sogsteel - Da Vinci was the most diverse genius ever to live (painting, engineering, astronomy, etc...). But people like Newton and Tesla made bigger impacts in specific areas of science.

What impact did Tesla have?

He's virtually gone unknown by historians.

Redneck -
Sogsteel - Da Vinci was the most diverse genius ever to live (painting, engineering, astronomy, etc...). But people like Newton and Tesla made bigger impacts in specific areas of science.

He invented Radio Transmission and Reception for starters

Da Vinci and it's not even close.

Leonardo DiCaprio

Redneck - 

Screen name checks out.

issacnewton - Sir Isaac Newton was the man !!! Not even close.

Einstein was the man my friend. 

All of modern physics is based on his work

androb -
issacnewton - Sir Isaac Newton was the man !!! Not even close.

Einstein was the man my friend. 

All of modern physics is based on his work

You were a close second though mr. Newton 

Got say Da Vinci just because the diversity of his work portfolio especially when you consider the religious climate at the time.