Ninja Warrior

she made it through most of it, but then fell into the water...can't remember what section.

I love this show.

Paul/Morgan Hamm aren't the only Olympians to get washed out, either. Gold Medal winning gymnast Jordan Jotchev (sp) washed out on the first round. An American decathalete (don't remember his name), made it to the 3rd round.

There's pretty much no way a bigger guy is going to beat the 3rd round - it's too much grip/power to bodyweight-intensive. It was designed for smaller guys. Can you imagine a 200+ pounder trying to do the cliffhanger? (for those that haven't seen, the cliffhanger is an even where you have to cross over a pit from left to right. There is a giant wall, with roughly a 2-3 inch ledge sticking out. By hanging on the ledge by your fingertips, you have to inch your way across. Halfway through, you have to actually go up a foot, go over a few feet, and then back down, so that in transition, you're hanging on this ledge with just one hand.)

It's sort of a gymnast version of professional strongman...

I think it also helps if your lower body is proportionately lighter than your upper body.

A lot of the events require a lot of hanging, so having thick legs (from squats and deads) weighing you down won't help.

I think climbers and Parkour athletes would do well at this event.

Love the show; so does the Mrs.

I'm a fan of the gas station guy also. Would love to see an American version of the show. I can think of one actor / comedian the UG would love to see on the show.

The cliffhanger is insane....def. built for smaller guys...I think iseen the episode where the big american olympian made it to the 3rd stage but was done after the "sheets" !

I heard Kid Yamamoto finished the course using only his left hand.

The cliffhanger. That is the one that I would hate to do.

Yeah like a mix between those except completely different. MXC is played for comedy, anyone can just show up and try those challenges. And ninja warrior is about a 100 times harder than american gladiator ever was, and it's you vs the course not you vs some steroid head that couldn't get a job acting in action films.

I want to be an EXTREME FISHERMAN when I grow up.

Love to see Sudo on it.

TH

screw Fedor. The guy in that vid is my new hero.

That is BAD-ASS.

I first saw the show when G4 had an all-day marathon a couple months ago, like 5 or 6 seasons back to back. After seeing everyone fail at the end of stage 2 or stage 3 all day, I actually let out an involuntary "Yeah!" when Nagano won, I was so happy for him.

This show is the best ever.

Wow, man. That guy in the video is a badass motherfucker.

Just, wow.

Genki one day, Sanae the next. I smiled.

Seriously, it's my favourite show on television. And to someone who mentioned Paul Terek, the American olympic decathlete - he fell on the cliffhanger. I was astonished he got even that far. He's like 6' and 210, the course is so obviously not built for him. I don't see how you can heft so much mass with your fingertips, no matter how strong you are; so he fell.

There have been 18 tournaments, each beginning with 100 competitors, and over that span only two have beaten the whole course, though Nagano had previously (before the video in this thread) been .11 second late hitting the button at the top of stage four, and would theoretically have conquered it twice by now.

that damn barrell thing always seems to wipe people out  in the first round.  I saw the Hamm brothers (olympic gymnast) on earlier.

CC

how many people in total have completed this?

I believe only 2. It's probably easier to attain yokozuna rank or walk on the moon.