Nintendo Switch fastest-selling system ever in US

The glitch mudded me so no pics or links, but Nintendo just tweeted this out:

Within 10 months, #NintendoSwitch has become the fastest-selling video game system of all time in the US!

"This year, Nintendo Switch owners can look forward to Nintendo-published games like Kirby Star Allies, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 and a new game starring Yoshi. Fans can also expect continued support from major publishers such as EA, Square Enix, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, SEGA, Take 2 and Bethesda, plus a growing catalog of quality content from indie developers."

I bought my kid one for Christmas and we love it. He is at my inlaws for the week and it was so easy to pack up in the travel case. No more lugging the xbox one s up there and hooking it up.

It's like Nintendo keeps throwing darts and every 10 years or so they hit a bullseye.

It's a good system. I won't call it great, but the ease and convenience of the system are revolutionary. Easy hookup. Little to no mandatory updates out of the box or for games. Unrivalled portability.

Best system they have made since the 64... GameCube wasn't terrible wasnt great either. The Wii was an abortion but the switch is one of thier best efforts to date 

dangerboy12 - It's like Nintendo keeps throwing darts and every 10 years or so they hit a bullseye.

It's a good system. I won't call it great, but the ease and convenience of the system are revolutionary. Easy hookup. Little to no mandatory updates out of the box or for games. Unrivalled portability.

Pretty much everyone thought the Switch wouldn’t be a big seller. Now that it’s selling like crazy and there’s larger storage capacity cartridges coming, I can see a lot of third party support that we didn’t have on n64, GameCube, and Wii U. 

Got one for my son for his birthday.  He said it was the best gift EVA!  He didn't ask for Doom, but I got it for him for Christmas and it quickly became his new favorite.

I got one and I love it. The sleep feature is so convenient. 

It seems like a pretty cool system for children.

I wonder what the return rate on those are. A lot of people I know bought them and returned them. For that price you can get an Xbox one S. Better graphics. More memory. More games. Better games. Better controller. Better online capabilities. 

MyUnclesCreepy -

Best system they have made since the 64... GameCube wasn't terrible wasnt great either. The Wii was an abortion but the switch is one of thier best efforts to date 

The Wii was huge when it came out. Did you mean the Wii U?

sxnieves - 

I wonder what the return rate on those are. A lot of people I know bought them and returned them. For that price you can get an Xbox one S. Better graphics. More memory. More games. Better games. Better controller. Better online capabilities. 

wrong

dangerboy12 - It's like Nintendo keeps throwing darts and every 10 years or so they hit a bullseye.

Nintendo has always been at the forefront of changing how games are played. They are the most innovative hardware company in the industry.

I got one for my son for Christmas. I’ve always been a PlayStation guy, but I love this system. I wish the controllers were a bit bigger, but I’m getting used to it. 

What games can you play on switch? Does it have the old school NES games like Tecmo SuperBowl and mike Tyson punch out ??

And its only going to get more popular, but not in a good way for Nintendo. Team-Xecuter have just announced they have managed to hack the switch in a way Nintendo cant stop with updates (though new hardware may creep into future models im guessing). The other week it was announced there was a hack at 3.05 firmware level, so you would have to keep it on 3.05 to hack, but with this next exploit it looks as if its gonna cuase a lot of trouble for Nintendo.

https://torrentfreak.com/modding-legends-team-xecuter-announce-future-proof-nintendo-switch-hack-180104/

I got one at launch, it might go down as my favorite Nintendo console of all time.  Its got the ability to take console quality games with you on the go, play local multiplayer in a way that all other consoles have pretty much abandoned besides Nintendo as well as play online.  Great party system, great travel system, Nintendo exclusives, kid friendly titles, what's not to like?

Along with my PC, the switch is the only console of this generation I have any interest in owning.  Good to see Nintendo back and making everyone happy.

We got our son one for Christmas and it’s fun

We got one for our kids for Christmas. They enjoy it a little less than I expected but I personally like it more than I thought I would initially. 

Although I am just a bear, I love it and I look forward to its future. Its great to use when sitting against a tree.

Yes.

I would say a the Switch is right now the only console experience a gaming PC can't more than duplicate.

Smart move by Nintendo to not chase graphical performance. It's a fool's task.

mihow - 
Ministry of Truth - It seems like a pretty cool system for children.

or people that arent miserable fucks

It seems like a pretty cool system for angry children as well.