Nintendo Switch - Who's getting one?

We are just a week away from a new Nintendo system and a new Zelda game (which looks incredible). 

So far, even as a life long Nintendo fan I think the game line up looks a little weak aside from the 800lb gorilla that is Zelda. 

So far I've preordered the system and am getting Zelda for sure. Maybe Bomberman too. 

I just have to decide if I want to pick up cartridges or just download the games. Maybe stick to downloads since this thing is portable?

What about you guys? Getting the system or holding off? Let discuss!

Any Tecmo Bowl? or Super Contra?

Does the light gun cost extra?

Didn't the wii u just come out a couple years ago?

I took a casual look at it and there doesn't seem to be a single game that would be any interest to me at all. 

I know people adore Zelda, but I never understood the appeal of it. I'm not knocking Zelda as I've only played the original one for maybe ten minutes ever, it's just that it looks like a kids game so I don't see what the hype is about. 

It has 32 gigs of storage. 26 of which is usable. Better spend another 60-80 bucks on a micro sd card if you want to download games on it.

I have zero idea what it even is. Please educate me. The wiiu was. Waste of 400 dollars. 

Yeah I'm getting one. I have it on preorder. I traded in my wii u and a couple of games.

some day, but not for a year or so probably.

The reps are not even getting one prior to the initial release. Which is rare but not unheard of for Nintendo. Good luck getting your hands on one even with the pre-sale. They saw the popularity with the mini and I can almost guarantee there will be a short supply the first couple of months. Why any business would like to follow this strategy is beyond me. It's not like they are making more money be selling themselves short of a product. If you have a good product then make enough for supply to be high. With their recently given track record with console releases they shouldn't be shooting themselves in the foot by not producing enough. Nintendo also has a track record of having a pretty abysmal line up for games upon initial release. I think it has something to do with releasing initial specs to every developer. Again, another stupid move but what do you expect from the Japanese? Titles releases will get better the longer the system has been around. Keep in mind their main demographic isn't the hardcore gamer. It never will be. They want to stick to what has worked for them previously and that's making a system geared towards kids. Another tactic I don't believe in but that's their mantra and they will always abide by it.

baj54 - The reps are not even getting one prior to the initial release. Which is rare but not unheard of for Nintendo. Good luck getting your hands on one even with the pre-sale. They saw the popularity with the mini and I can almost guarantee there will be a short supply the first couple of months. Why any business would like to follow this strategy is beyond me. It's not like they are making more money be selling themselves short of a product. If you have a good product then make enough for supply to be high. With their recently given track record with console releases they shouldn't be shooting themselves in the foot by not producing enough. Nintendo also has a track record of having a pretty abysmal line up for games upon initial release. I think it has something to do with releasing initial specs to every developer. Again, another stupid move but what do you expect from the Japanese? Titles releases will get better the longer the system has been around. Keep in mind their main demographic isn't the hardcore gamer. It never will be. They want to stick to what has worked for them previously and that's making a system geared towards kids. Another tactic I don't believe in but that's their mantra and they will always abide by it.

I always thought this was a deliberate marketing ploy to create hype/exclusiveness

I'm getting one, got mine pre-ordered along with a second set of joy-cons and Zelda.  This console is pretty much everything I could want in that you can play it at home like a console or take it with you and play it anywhere with the same games. 

I haven't been this excited for Zelda game since Ocarina of time and haven't been this excited for a console since N64.  The line up of games in the first year is actually pretty amazing. Splatoon this summer should be amazing.  Splatoon and Overwatch are probably the best two shooters in the last 5 years in my opinion. It pity anyone who hasnt gotten to play splatoon and see how fun it is.

Nintendo is the only console worth owning as far as I'm concerned.  I don't know how anyone who's concerned with graphics and power, but doesn't have a PC to play those types of games on can even say anything about Nintendo with a straight face.  Playstation and Xbox are just underpowered computers at this point.  There is close to zero reason to own one since 95% of the games on them can be played on other consoles and PC.

Clearly Nintendo doesn't want to be those companies.  They do what they do and they do it well.  If I want to play a giant graphically intense FPS like Battlefield, I just get it on my PC.  PC and nintendo is the best combo IMHO.

I pre-ordered puyo puyo tetris, Binding of Isaac and will be getting snipperclips and Has Been Heroes as soon as they release.  Its a pretty sweet launch window actually. I would get bomberman, but I can't justify paying $50 for agame that will most likely cost 20 in a few months.  Shovel Knight and Fast RMX are launch titles now too. Anyone who didn't own a Wii U, which was everyone, should be pumped for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe coming out too.  Its the best Mario Kart game to ever exist.

I feel like Christmas this year could be insane for the Switch with Mario coming out.  The first party library is going to be pretty impressive in the first year.  

bakobell -

I have zero idea what it even is. Please educate me. The wiiu was. Waste of 400 dollars. 

Wii U was 300 dollars and actually has a ton of great games now.  They did a terrible job putting them out at the beginning though.

Got my pre-order with Zelda and a pro controller.

I think the switch is going to be a massive success and will be hard to get this first year. 

There will be 2 million available at launch and hopefully they can get more to market very quickly.

I was going to get one but I have to save up for a big car repair bill.

lol @ the game lineup

Nope.  They got me on the Wiiu.  The only way I would buy this is if after 6mo-1yr they are just blowing it out of the water with great games.  But I don't see that.

Stu Cazzo -

lol @ the game lineup

LOL at any conole ever launching with an amazing line up. Its never happened once. The first year has a great line up planned and that's just first party.