NJPW Dominion

Anyone watch? Great show, especially the top two matches

(Hwt. Tag Championship: Ibushi/Tanahashi vs. ZSJ/Taichi,

and World & IC Championship: Naito vs. EVIL). Great to see the NJPW boys again. CROWD in attendance, 5k in the 10k capacity Osaka Jo Hall.

SHO and Shingo had a hell of a NEVER title match as well.

Taichi really looked like he belonged in a terrific tag title match loaded with individual talent. ZSJ especially shined. No ring rust to be seen with him or anyone else in the match, or on the show, for that matter.

EVIL defeated Okada to win the New Japan Cup, turned on Naito and joined Bullet Club. Him and Naito had a tremendous match, with a TNA main event level of shenanigans going on near the finish.

1 Like

Maybe I'll check this out later and put my subscription to use.

Had hoped for a while LIJ would "explode" with a final between evil and sanada.

1 Like

I wish the EVIL/Naito match didn’t have some much interference, I felt like it took away from a really good match. 

1 Like

TheBearStare -

Maybe I'll check this out later and put my subscription to use.

Had hoped for a while LIJ would "explode" with a final between evil and sanada.

I was quite surprised to see (as the main event was in progress when I tuned in) EVIL challenging, really expected Okada to come out on top in the tournament, especially since it was for the title challenge on New Japan's "SummerSlam." And if not Okada, I'd have guessed Sanada next.

I've never seen EVIL as a guy who would fit in the main event, but seeing the pre-main event video package, his new & better attire, and the match tonight made a believer out of me, a believer in EVIL if you will, haha. Long-term top of the card mainstay? Depends what he makes of the opportunity, I reckon, but he's looking legit and my mind is open.

Feel so bad for Naito. I had such high hopes for his title reign. Only 6 months and 2/3 of that they weren't even running shows.

1 Like

RKing85 - Feel so bad for Naito. I had such high hopes for his title reign. Only 6 months and 2/3 of that they weren't even running shows.

Me too, I enjoyed his win at WK more that anything since AJ over Cena at SummerSlam '16. Didn't have NJPW World for years before that (got all the big shows free on HDNet [airing like a week after, though there was at least one live WK] before they switched to Impact) and was looking forward to watching and supporting his reign.

I didn't think there was a chance he'd lose yet, considering what you said, until Dick Togo was strangling him with a ligature so late in the match, at which point I said "Oh my God, he's probably gonna lose." I mean if EVIL couldn't win With three guys interfering for him, he'd be buried AF.

The company is well positioned for an interesting summer, though.

Dick Togo!

Crowd goes mild.

savage animal - 

Dick Togo!

Crowd goes mild.

When he was under the BUSHI mask strangling Naito, it was eerily silent. Hearing a rat pies on cotton silent. There was quite an "ohhhh" when EVIL announced he was Dick Togo.

I like that they set up Hiromu v Evil

People shitted on Jay White winning the IWGP Heavyweight the first time , I dug it, 2019 maybe my favorite year of rasslin ever .

Lots of fresh matchups with Evil on top, tag titles feel evalated as that feud continues.

All will be good, but I hope they can find better talent available than current day Jado FFS.

Imagine Togo more capable , but was hoping a non senior was going to be revealed there.

There has been a shitload of forgettable reigns within the past years of zero or 1 defense. Only okada and tanahashi have really had anything going.

If im remember correctly jay has only won the belt once and that was only to fill omega's slot.