No can defend these bears (pic)

Left to Right: Arctotherium Angustidens(Extinct), Arctodus Simus(Extinct), Cave Bear(Extinct), Polar Bear, Kodiak Bear, Grizzly Bear, American Black Bear, Asian Black Bear, Spectacled Bear, Sloth Bear, Panda Bear and Sun Bear

Cool! There has been a ton of bear material lately on the OG, and I like it! VU+3.

Cave Bear looks game as fuck.

i've been next to a grizzly, before. yes, the motherfucker was in a cage. there's no fucking way that's an accurate depiction of relative size unless that human silhouette is like 7'2"

I came across this little clip the other day, and it just confirmed what I already know..............if one of these big fuckers is chasing me down in the great outdoors, I am just going to bite my tongue off and choke on it before he catches me. Not a black bear...............but this guy, YES!

Peeixes - 

i've been next to a grizzly, before. yes, the motherfucker was in a cage. there's no fucking way that's an accurate depiction of relative size unless that human silhouette is like 7'2"

I hate to say it, but I hate to see it!

Peeixes - 

Wikipedia says the AVERAGE shoulder height of a Grizzly is 3.35 feet, so that makes the photo pretty accurate.  All species will have outlying giants.  We have Yao Ming, but that doesn't mean all humans are nearly 8 feet tall. Our average height is under 6 feet.

Cool pic. I wish that first one wasn't extinct.

wow I didn't realize grizzlies were so much smaller than polars and kodiaks

That Cave Bear is what nightmares are made of.

Let Cave Bear come out of that Cave ripshit pissed......

With that fuckin THUNDERDOME sitting on his neck.

Yeah.. Cave Bears are scary as fuck.. thank god I didn't live 30 thousand years ago.

Card - 

Oh man, that's fucking awesome!

Cool Phone Post

I've always liked to think that if it hadn't been apes that had evolved into this planet's top intelligent being that it would have been an offshoot of the bear family. Phone Post

canuck34 - 

I've always liked to think that if it hadn't been apes that had evolved into this planet's top intelligent being that it would have been an offshoot of the bear family. Phone Post

Ehh? Care to expand on that?

The top species is going to be a social/group/pack species that builds culture/technology together... and protects each other.

Bears spend half of their lives sleeping alone in caves.

If anything - dogs (a close relative) would be a solid choice.

Dolphins are a better choice than bears.

Crows are a better choice than bears.

False. Black Bear.

wow, I bet that largest one used to have some epic bear fights before going extinct

sgotwalks - 

Cool! There has been a ton of bear material lately on the OG, and I like it! VU+3.

BEEP