No Cejudo vs Johnson III not good for MMA.

A lot of what fans and fighters love about MMA is when the best fight the best. Johnson and Cejudo did that twice. Some people think Johnson is 2-0 vs Triple C but just as many if not more people feel they are 1-1.

To have two fighters as dominant and impressive as Cejudo and Johnson not having their rubber match before both leaving the UFC is just not good for hardcore fans.

Johnson went to ONE for more money and respect, Cejudo has left after curing all his gold fever he has suffered since he was a kid with wrestling dreams.

I hated seeing Renzo and Newton go 1-1 and not finish the trilogy since they were both such legends.

I have that feeling here, its just a shame they could not finish the trilogy.

As a fight fan its just anticlimactic.

1 Like

I’m ok without the trilogy, MM was more well rounded and was the better fighter.

I guess....I think DJ would have one more clearly if he didn't tear his LCL.

TwentyNineTwentyEight - I’m ok without the trilogy, MM was more well rounded and was the better fighter.

Well he was not the better fighter the second time they fought, not in the eyes of the judges and not in the eyes of many fans and fighters.

The fight lacks the drama of say Hughes vs Penn or GSP III but still...... its a shame both are done with the promotion.

TwentyNineTwentyEight - I’m ok without the trilogy, MM was more well rounded and was the better fighter.

WAS is the key word. CCC keeps getting better and better…

DAVID H - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I’m ok without the trilogy, MM was more well rounded and was the better fighter.

Ummm, he’s retired now. MM was the more well rounded fighter with more Title Defenses.

DAVID H - 

“Kept” but didn’t. Do you guys think before you post shit?

TwentyNineTwentyEight -
DAVID H - 

Ummm, he’s retired now. MM was the more well rounded fighter with more Title Defenses.

But he was afraid to go back up to BW and capture that belt like Triple C did.

Mighty Mouse was a great champ but he was no champ champ. Wanted no part of TJ at 135 while Henry is ready to even go after 45 gold.

2 Likes
BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
DAVID H - 

Mighty Mouse was a great champ but he was no champ champ. Wanted no part of TJ at 135 while Henry is ready to even go after 45 gold.

Champ Champ doesn’t make you better than someone who dominated a certain WC for YEARS, facing the top comp along the he way. MM is the bigger Legend.

TwentyNineTwentyEight -
BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
DAVID H - 

Champ Champ doesn’t make you better than someone who dominated a certain WC for YEARS, facing the top comp along the he way. MM is the bigger Legend.

Its a different thing, just dont’ forget, Johnson was afraid of the risk involved in moving up, Cejudo was not.

BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
DAVID H - 

Its a different thing, just dont’ forget, Johnson was afraid of the risk involved in moving up, Cejudo was not.

Lmao at being “Afraid” by one of the Greatest that ever was. Moving up Weight means you have to “RELY” on a certain skill set. That didn’t mean Cejudo had more balls, it just meant he had a card in his back pocket that he could play, if he couldn’t strike with the guy.

I agree that it's bad, but to me, it's more important that fighters get paid better, and can compete where they are most comfortable.

Cejudo immediately calling out Dillashaw after winning a controversial decision over the most dominant champ in the division’s history who had already decisively TKO’d him the first time was one of the biggest bitch moves in MMA history. I will never be a fan because of that shit.

3 Likes
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
BJ Penn Forever - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
DAVID H - 

Lmao at being “Afraid” by one of the Greatest that ever was. Moving up Weight means you have to “RELY” on a certain skill set. That didn’t mean Cejudo had more balls, it just meant he had a card in his back pocket that he could play, if he couldn’t strike with the guy.

Say what you want but he did not want to take the risk that Cejudo took.

Kirik -

I agree that it's bad, but to me, it's more important that fighters get paid better, and can compete where they are most comfortable.

I hear ya. Good for Johnson if ONE is best for him in terms of pay and treatment.

As a fan though, its a trilogy I'd love to see finished in a perfect world.

If the fight was made at 135 then more people would watch, because being 10 pounds heavier makes it that much more exciting 

Well there is no Johnson vs Cejudo III coming your way but there is Shogun vs Lil Nog III coming up on July 25th.

They first fought each other FIFTEEN YEARS AGO and then again five years ago.

Shogun is 38 and Lil Nog is 44.

Cejudo lost both fights and didnt do shit againt Johnson..  Took him down and didnt do anythind couldnt hold him down.  He was gifted a win and the next month Johnson was traded away.  Little suspicious 

I don't think DJ was scared of 135,he already fought for the title there.difference is Cejudo did and beat the guy that beat DJ.

buddyang -

Cejudo lost both fights and didnt do shit againt Johnson..  Took him down and didnt do anythind couldnt hold him down.  He was gifted a win and the next month Johnson was traded away.  Little suspicious 

Cejudo won the second fight via split decision.