"No Deal" for Driver accused of killing Mask

Street racing is just as bad as drunk driving.

bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
Devlyn - ^The prosecutor said that Lewis contributed to the incident too.

Agree on no deal for the porsche driver, but bottom line, he got himself killed and his GF seriously injured by being a moron. The other guy being drunk doesn't excuse that.

YOU ARE THE FUCKING MORON, there is no excuse for being drunk.
Kirby was drunk Mask was not...case fucking closed.

There is no excuse for street racing either, especially with a passenger, case fucking closed.

Seriously you're going to compare street racing to driving drunk?
There is no comparison. Yes I agree street racing is wrong but nobody deserves to die from it because an idiot is coming home DRUNK from the night before.

Nobody DESERVES to die from drunk driving either.  Mask is not dead just from a drunk driver on the road, he is dead from racing a person who just happened to be drunk,  Huh imagine that a person that engaged in the dangerous behavior of street racing, also engaged in the risky behavior of drinking and driving!  What happens if when they finally reveal the autopsy results and mask was drinking also?  Do you want them to dig mask up and put him in jail then also?

You know nothing, He wasn't even known to be racing there trying to use that as a defense.
Like Sean said he passed Kirby and probably because Kirby was drunk he wanted to show that Ferrari how fast his porsche was. Mask probably didn't even know the guy was next to him before the drunken idiot lost control and smashed into him.

I'm tired of arguing with somebody who is trying to defend one of the worst drugs on the planet today.

There is NO EXCUSE for driving drunk.

I'm done with you.

That dude is facked.

I deal with street racers on a weekly basis. The sector I patrol is a hot bed for street racing. From what I see, serious street racers NEVER drink and drive.
The jerkoff that bumped Mask sounds like a 3-time loser, 10 years late for a midlife crisis...

Sagiv's MOD slave -  That dude is facked.

facked? he'll do 18 months in an easy jail, and then go back to being a rich drunken asshole in a porsche.

GladiatorGannon - 
Sagiv's MOD slave -  That dude is facked.

facked? he'll do 18 months in an easy jail, and then go back to being a rich drunken asshole in a porsche.

That's probably the sick truth.

According to Kirby's attorney above, Mask didn't set up to race Kirby at all, he just blew past him.

bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
bismanfightclub - 
zekeil - 
Devlyn - ^The prosecutor said that Lewis contributed to the incident too.

Agree on no deal for the porsche driver, but bottom line, he got himself killed and his GF seriously injured by being a moron. The other guy being drunk doesn't excuse that.

YOU ARE THE FUCKING MORON, there is no excuse for being drunk.
Kirby was drunk Mask was not...case fucking closed.

There is no excuse for street racing either, especially with a passenger, case fucking closed.

Seriously you're going to compare street racing to driving drunk?
There is no comparison. Yes I agree street racing is wrong but nobody deserves to die from it because an idiot is coming home DRUNK from the night before.

Nobody DESERVES to die from drunk driving either.  Mask is not dead just from a drunk driver on the road, he is dead from racing a person who just happened to be drunk,  Huh imagine that a person that engaged in the dangerous behavior of street racing, also engaged in the risky behavior of drinking and driving!  What happens if when they finally reveal the autopsy results and mask was drinking also?  Do you want them to dig mask up and put him in jail then also?

You know nothing, He wasn't even known to be racing there trying to use that as a defense.
Like Sean said he passed Kirby and probably because Kirby was drunk he wanted to show that Ferrari how fast his porsche was. Mask probably didn't even know the guy was next to him before the drunken idiot lost control and smashed into him.

I'm tired of arguing with somebody who is trying to defend one of the worst drugs on the planet today.

There is NO EXCUSE for driving drunk.

I'm done with you.

LOL talk about not knowing anything, the cops already said that they were racing and LOL at saying he was known NOT to race. I guess he just drove everywhere at 100 MPH with passengers cause it saved on gas.

Who said he was known not to race....please don't be stupid read the post before you answer back and come off sounding ignorant.

Doesn't really matter what Lewis did, the other guy was drunk which carries the burdon of being a more serious offense then at best on Lewis's part reckless driving which is a simple misdemeanor. You can be drunk sitting at a stop light and have someone rearend you and they most times won't even get a ticket. At least in Michigan thats is.

Defense attorney David E. Swanson said that Kirby "feels horrible about what happened. He is extremely remorseful … he's devastated. He will never get over this."

MASK won't get over it either.

Pay the price and accept the responsibility of your actions, you drunk.

ttt for justice.

GladiatorGannon - 

From what I understand, you are a moron. Mask almost never drank, and if toxicology showed alcohol in his system it would have been brought up at trial.

Yes, speeding is bad. Speeding while hammered (not drunk, hammered) so bad that you can't control your vehicle that a sober driver is killed, and an innocent passenger is maimed is MUCH MUCH worse. Not the same, dramaticly worse. If this even has to be explained to you, you are a moron.

Pretty much sums up what I'm thinking.

Plus, let's not all get carried away by something a defense attorney says. They are paid to plant seeds of doubt and/or use only fragments of the truth to paint their clients in the best light.

Devlyn - "Swanson also said Lewis contributed to his own death by racing up to Kirby's 1977 Porsche in his high-performance Ferrari, startling Kirby with the Ferrari's speed and explosive sound. Kirby, the defense attorney claimed, was traveling at about 60 mph when Lewis approached at speeds in excess of 100 mph.

Lacy Lynn White, Lewis' girlfriend, was seriously injured when she was ejected from the Ferrari. She suffered broken vertebrae, a broken hip, and a shattered elbow, among other injuries."

No way that can be true. He owned an MMA company.

No deal for the drunk driver = completely just and fair. Drunk driving is not to be tolerated. But if Lewis was indeed speeding and antagonizing, people need to stop making him out to be a saint just because he was a cool guy that owned a successful business with a cult following.

Do you guys know how to read?

The article says that Mask was already traveling nearly 100mph when he passed Kirby.

That drunk bastard's ego got to him so he sped up and ended up hitting Mask's car.

Mask never initiated a race. He didn't pull up along side of Kirby, roll his window down and yell "Hey, wanna race?" He simply drove by him at a high rate of speed.

Mask is at no fault this asshole sped up and hit him. Doesn't matter how fast Mask was driving.

bismanfightclub - 
GJJ2803 - Do you guys know how to read?

The article says that Mask was already traveling nearly 100mph when he passed Kirby.

That drunk bastard's ego got to him so he sped up and ended up hitting Mask's car.

Mask never initiated a race. He didn't pull up along side of Kirby, roll his window down and yell "Hey, wanna race?" He simply drove by him at a high rate of speed.

Mask is at no fault this asshole sped up and hit him. Doesn't matter how fast Mask was driving.

Do you know how to read? 

Do you? According to the article, the prosecutor said he "may" have been racing, not that he had actually been doing it. This is a common and useful legal tactic when the defense starts slinging mud at the victim - if it's not legally significant, you acknowledge that it's possible rather than argue about it, so a jury doesn't become confused and think that if the defense wins the "racing" argument, they've won a Not Guilty verdict.

Note - I haven't read a lot of detailed accounts of the racing allegations in previous articles, I'm just going off the information that just came out at trial - And it's setting off my bullshit detector. This guy may have been "racing" Mask, but was Mask even aware the guy was trying to "race" him? Putting the victim on trial is commonly the last refuge of the scoundrel.

bismanfightclub -

Do you know how to read?  The prosecutor admitted mask was racing!  The police investigation also concluded they were racing.  The only thing really in question still is if he was drinking also as I have never seen an autopsy result released, but they will be forced to reveal it once the trial starts.

Do you know how to read?

"Charles ‘Mask’ Lewis Jr. had no drugs or alcohol in his system when he perished in a fatal car crash in the early hours of March 11 according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office as reported by the Orange County Register."

http://mmamania.com/2009/04/11/orange-county-district-attorney-clears-charles-mask-lewis-jr-of-any-substance-abuse-during-fatal-crash/

While I can see how so many people want this guy to do a lot of time,
but in fairness, Mask was street racing.
He was committing a crime and risking his own life,
so I just don't see it.

Had he been doing 40, and not racing, he would still be alive.

"Charles "Mask" Lewis Jr., the clothing entrepreneur who was killed in an auto accident in Newport Beach last month, had no drugs or alcohol in his body when he died, the Orange County District Attorney's Office said.

Toxicology tests performed by the Orange County Coroner found no evidence of drugs or alcohol, said Farrah Emami, a spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lewis-beach-county-2360012-driving-march

it was an accident...not murder.......

No it was manslaughter. Mask's speed may have been a contributing factor in the severity of the crash but it was not the proximate cause of the crash.