No elbows on the ground = sh!tty mma

This no elbows on the ground rule has pretty much taken away gnp. Its pretty lame IMO.

i am always wanting elbows

I think fights are alot more exciting without them. All of tonight's fights were awesome.

Damn, thanks for making this thread before I made mine about why nobody is throwing elbows tonight. Didn't realize they weren't legal.

WE NEED ELBOWS IN STRIKEFORCE!!!...otherwise we might as well watch San Shaou.

I saw so many opportunities for elbows tonight it angered me.

Judo Scott - This no elbows on the ground rule has pretty much taken away gnp. Its pretty lame IMO.
ELBOWS BITCHES!!!!!!!!

ttt

I didn't even notice there was no elbows....lol

why no elbows? is it part of the illinois AC rules or just a strikeforce thing...

No elbows forces more guard passing.  Also reduces the amount of fights being stopped by cuts.  I'm sure CBS likes the minimal blood loss as well.  That being said, they are legitimate weapons in MMA.

I'd rather see headbutts then elbows. No elbows was one of the reasons Pride chrushed the UFC action and excitement wise. I liked every fight tonight better then almost all of the UFC's I've seen. Really makes for a lot better fight.

No knees sucks though.

elbows, knees, headbutts, keep it real, yo.

Frodo cuts easily ... we cant have elbows!

i had a fighter on the elite xc / strikeforce co promotion event  the elite fights allowed elbows to the head on the  ground...strikeforce did not

that could be confusing. in the rules meeting i clarified that with the referee and they were glad i did cuz it was some of their first time doing a strikeforce event

No elbows = less LNP.

Judo Scott - This no elbows on the ground rule has pretty much taken away gnp. Its pretty lame IMO.

the same can be said for soccer kicks not being used in america.

it doesnt give anyone an advantage in the end because both players have to play by the same rules

WTF. Strike Force should seriously consider elbows on the ground if they want to compete with UFC. Shields vs Mayhem would've been more entertaining with elbows. Sure Shields was moving well on the ground, but most viewers aren't grapplers and that shit bores them.

NHB USA -  I didn't even notice there was no elbows....lol

Same here LOL

Beezulbubba - I think fights are alot more exciting without them. All of tonight's fights were awesome.

I think a CAT scan is required to ensure a tumor isnt pressing against the cognitive processing centres of your brain.

Taking away a fighters ability to use viable and effective techniques can in no way make a fight even more exciting.

Elbows=lay-n-pray, control to cut, and boredom. " I am better at takedowns, let me hold you here dryhumping, and stall till i cut you."

Soccer kicks and headbutts are viable and effective. They took them away. I guess if you like action packed fights, you like no elbows. You like kickboxing with takedowns and homoerotic dryhumping and elbow grinding boredom, you like the elbow rule.