No food in 56 hours. F*ck!! What to eat first?

I have NEVER done a 24-hr fast so that is HUGE for me. Some of you might scoff at a simple 2.5 day fast but it is tough if you have never tried it before. I also had to feed my kids, BUY GROCERIES, and other things in the kitchen during my fast-- pure torture my friends.

I was so disgusted with all the sweets and crap I ate at Thanksgiving (Thurs) I went to bed totally guilty. I never even eat bread or potatoes. I ate pounds of stuffing, buttery gravy infused mashed potatoes, and many desserts.

I woke up Friday sickened and still full. After the first 24 hours I thought, hmmm, never done that before, lets try 2 days! That was tough!! Light headed and (for lack of a better word) tingly, like when you feel the flu coming on. I was not sick at all but my body tingled.

Its now Sunday morning and I think I'll eat a few pieces of fruit. Maybe a green smoothie for lunch and that's it. I don't want to shock the system or be counter productive to my mini-fast.

For those extreme IF'ers and fasters, how does that sound?

Sounds about right. Phone Post

The longest I did was 30 hour fast on three separate occasions and every time I just tried to eat small portions at first and then just went gradually to full meals Phone Post 3.0

Why would you fast? Phone Post 3.0

Jesus Cannons - Ahh. I guess you already did it.

How depleted are you? Phone Post 3.0
If you mean strength wise, I don't feel bad. I can tell that I should run 5 miles. Energy is slightly low. But really I just feel hungry. Like if you skipped breakfast and lunch and is dinner time. I dropped 6 pounds but I know that doesn't mean squat for real weight loss. Phone Post 3.0

Chomas - Fasting is very unhealthy Steve Jobs was a big fan. Phone Post 3.0
Really? You believe that? 2.5 days is far from unhealthy for a fast. Phone Post 3.0

fahker - Why would you fast? Phone Post 3.0
Like I said, I felt sickened by this crap I had for thanksgiving. I eat very very clean usually. I woke up on Friday feeling full and still disgusted so I didn't eat that day. Woke up Sat and thought I should try a 2nd day since I was already halfway there.

It was a little about testing my will power but more about attempting to clean out my system a bit.

I drank lots of water. I had a few organic hot teas, and a few swigs(2) of a very healthy, goji/wolf berry antioxidant that helps regulate blood sugar. Phone Post 3.0

I'm at 41 hours but not by choice. I have the damn flu, and currently confined to my bed. Phone Post 3.0

I am seriously going to read up on leangains as it seems to be one if the most highly supported and legit IF methods. I have a lot to read on it though. Phone Post 3.0

I have no clue

But I'd imagine you'd want to replenish salts and minerals with water. Phone Post 3.0

3 jr bacon cheeseburger, some fries, and 2 spicy chicken nuggets from Wendys.

Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - Fasting is for women. Man up. Phone Post 3.0
If you eat heavily for one day you're not going to magically become fat long term. You should have just continued eating normally and exercising and you'd be fine. Why the effeminate fasting? Phone Post 3.0

Willin -
Thatsjustlikeyouropionman - Fasting is for women. Man up. Phone Post 3.0
If you eat heavily for one day you're not going to magically become fat long term. You should have just continued eating normally and exercising and you'd be fine. Why the effeminate fasting? Phone Post 3.0
Ha ha ha because I felt horrible. I felt I was going to hurl or explode. I could feel the toxic garbage coursing through my body.

What I did was far from a normal IF. But I think some of you need to look at some of the IF crowd if you think its effeminate.

But I love you guys too! Phone Post 3.0

Don't eat anything man.
Once you reach 100 days without food, you start seeing things clearly for the first time. You realize that the sun is your food and will replenish your body with all the energy and nutrients you will ever need. Phone Post 3.0

Roasted chicken, sweet potato and a big salad with some red onions and dark greens. Keep it simple and nutritious.

DarthChoke - I have NEVER done a 24-hr fast so that is HUGE for me. Some of you might scoff at a simple 2.5 day fast but it is tough if you have never tried it before. I also had to feed my kids, BUY GROCERIES, and other things in the kitchen during my fast-- pure torture my friends.

I was so disgusted with all the sweets and crap I ate at Thanksgiving (Thurs) I went to bed totally guilty. I never even eat bread or potatoes. I ate pounds of stuffing, buttery gravy infused mashed potatoes, and many desserts.

I woke up Friday sickened and still full. After the first 24 hours I thought, hmmm, never done that before, lets try 2 days! That was tough!! Light headed and (for lack of a better word) tingly, like when you feel the flu coming on. I was not sick at all but my body tingled.

Its now Sunday morning and I think I'll eat a few pieces of fruit. Maybe a green smoothie for lunch and that's it. I don't want to shock the system or be counter productive to my mini-fast.

No bullshit, I did a 45 day fast. Rough emergency surgery after my esophagus/stomach ruptured.

I would have gladly drank toilet water with a fresh mark hunt shit in it.

Hunger is bad, but it is NOTHING compared to thirst. Phone Post 3.0

How much do you weigh op? You sound like a girl so no offense intended. Phone Post 3.0

choadler - 
DarthChoke - I have NEVER done a 24-hr fast so that is HUGE for me. Some of you might scoff at a simple 2.5 day fast but it is tough if you have never tried it before. I also had to feed my kids, BUY GROCERIES, and other things in the kitchen during my fast-- pure torture my friends.

No bullshit, I did a 45 day fast. Rough emergency surgery after my esophagus/stomach ruptured.

I would have gladly drank toilet water with a fresh mark hunt shit in it.

Hunger is bad, but it is NOTHING compared to thirst. Phone Post 3.0

dude that is horrible. Yes, I drank as much as I wanted (water). Did you have to have an IV to stay hydrated?

athaba - How much do you weigh op? You sound like a girl so no offense intended. Phone Post 3.0

HAHA. I hover between 170-180. Couple years ago I was in the 210-215 range. At 5'9" that is NOT a good place to be.

So a fast = girl

Gotcha!!

I had an iv for fluid. Got (iv nutrition) after about a week.

Feeding tube placed through stomach after 3 weeks. Slow drip type feed though. Never felt hungry or full, but would feel week if not connected for right amount of time.

Got to drink water after 1 1/2 months. Drank so fucking much in the first hour. Honestly think I took in 2-3 gallons within 2 hours. Not a fighter but I can see the pains of shifting weight. Phone Post 3.0