No knees to head of grounded opponent in 2018 WTF?

FingerorMoon -

It wouldn’t ‘get more people watching’. Why are multiple people saying that?

If you like combat sport, you’re already watching. If you don’t, you’re not.

Who are these people refusing to watch because knees to the head on the ground aren’t allowed?

Im not against it, but I can’t see how it increases viewers.

How many people complain about the watered down ufc? come on man. get real.

FingerorMoon -

Who are these people refusing to watch because knees to the head on the ground aren’t allowed?

Completely disagree, the only reason I went out of my way to watch One Fc was because they had Pride style rules. Would of had zero interest in them if they used unified rules.

They make fights far more exciting and thus more appealing to many more people. It would make lay and pray fighters more interesting to watch too.

keylockarmbar -
FingerorMoon -

How many people complain about the watered down ufc? come on man. get real.

You think people are refusing to wastch events but would change their minds if knees were allowed on the ground? Lol!

Grounded knees are no less dangerous than standing kicks to the head.

Changing the rules to accommodate grounded knees would switch the wrestling approach from being top position holders to fight finishers.

Right now too many fighters are content to hold top guard position, and knees to the head would motivate them to end the fight rather than milk it out the round.

Eliminating this rule would be good for the sport.

Son of Neckbone - Grounded knees are no less dangerous than standing kicks to the head.

Changing the rules to accommodate grounded knees would switch the wrestling approach from being top position holders to fight finishers.

Right now too many fighters are content to hold top guard position, and knees to the head would motivate them to end the fight rather than milk it out the round.

Eliminating this rule would be good for the sport.

Exactly

I honestly thought it was inevitible that we would have knees back on the ground by 2018. The potential danger of them being used is grossly exaggerated. 

Still remember Kharitonov eating those knees from Alistair and Aleks and I’m not sure they’re such a good idea.  Sergei’s face was brutalized in both those fights.  Tough to watch. 

ShortElbowInTheClinch -

Still remember Kharitonov eating those knees from Alistair and Aleks and I’m not sure they’re such a good idea.  Sergei’s face was brutalized in both those fights.  Tough to watch. 

but fighters get their face brutalized with punches and elbows too? Plus how many fights have there been with knees on the ground which didn't result in a fighter's face being brutalized?