No longer allowed to wear Air Force clothing

So you're not allowed to violate a school dress code if you are a veteran's kid?

Hammerstein - 
HereWeAre - 

What the hell does this have to do with political correctness?

The logo is allowed but too big according to the dress code. Why is this even a news story?

"Why is this even a news story?"

So idiots like Traven can continue to show everyone how stupid they really are.

jettfag, hereweare, attjack?

When I was in middle school, my school tried to go from wear what ever you want, to a strict dress code in the middle of the year. It was a lower middle class school, so most of the kids' parents couldn't afford a whole new wardrobe mid year. The PTSA meetings eventually got so big, the principal was forced to listen, and simply made amendments to the current dress code.

Private school is one thing, but IMO it is ridiculous for public schools to have uniforms. Families don't choose to go to those schools, they have to by law. A dress policy is one thing, for the obvious reasons. That isn't out of line. Phone Post 3.0

My kids go to a public school
And have a very strict dress code. Khaki or navy pants/ skirts. Red, blue or white polo.

I didn't have a dress code and thought they were dumb, as a parent this makes clothes shopping easy. My kids don't know any better because they have never had a choice. Phone Post 3.0

Hammerstein - 
Dirty Dick Slater - 
Hammerstein - 
HereWeAre - 

What the hell does this have to do with political correctness?

The logo is allowed but too big according to the dress code. Why is this even a news story?

"Why is this even a news story?"

So idiots like Traven can continue to show everyone how stupid they really are.

jettfag, hereweare, attjack?

Hurrr! You all same person!

Really Traven, you have the intellect of a goldfish.

English, do you speak it?

What about Air Force 1's?

Big_Data - 
kennyfrommd -
Philanderer - 
kennyfrommd - 
Philanderer - This is a public school with that strict of a dress code?
    <br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-112879" id="userPost54985222"><span class="User-274739" id="userPost54985091">It is becoming increasingly common. I work in a public high school and the kids aren't allowed to have a logo on their shirts larger than a quarter.</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-112879" id="userPost54985222">But what is the point of that? Ex. How can having &quot;NIKE&quot; or Star Wars or superhero symbols be offensive?</span></blockquote>

Fuck if I know, I just teach. I don't write the dress codes.

I would assume it isn't a matter of offense, but of uniformity. A lot of polo shirts have small logos embroidered on the breast, like a little polo horse or a lacoste alligator. Our kids aren't allowed to wear shirts with designs on them (they have to be black or white collared shirts... either button ups or polo) so I assume by making a size restriction for logos it differentiates what consitutes a logo and a design.

Yep uniformity is the key. There isn't an actual uniform, but let's just make sure we kill all individuality anyway. Phone Post 3.0

there are many studies on the positive effects of a dress code and uniform in schools

school is for learning, not to express your "individuality" via clothing

Barbasol - My kids go to a public school
And have a very strict dress code. Khaki or navy pants/ skirts. Red, blue or white polo.

I didn't have a dress code and thought they were dumb, as a parent this makes clothes shopping easy. My kids don't know any better because they have never had a choice. Phone Post 3.0
So they were their uniforms all the time? Phone Post 3.0

who the fuck lets their kid wear air force gear anyways. parents should be arrested for child abuse.

USMC SEMPER FI !!!!

Philanderer -
kennyfrommd - 
Philanderer - This is a public school with that strict of a dress code?

It is becoming increasingly common. I work in a public high school and the kids aren't allowed to have a logo on their shirts larger than a quarter.

But what is the point of that? Ex. How can having "NIKE" or Star Wars or superhero symbols be offensive?
Dress codes aren't always about about being offensive.
Places in areas with high gang activity tend to have them to keep affliation clothing out of the schools.
Some schools don't want their students to look like slobs
Removes the social stigma from families who can't afford the hip new trends.

Lots of reasons that dress codes get passed. Phone Post 3.0

Is this a public school or a private school?  It makes a HUGE difference in this case. 

If it's a public school, they can fuck right the fuck off.   If it's a private school, then tough titties.  They need to get rid of the logo or transfer to a school that will allow it, or just go to a public school, and if they don't allow it, they can sue the fuck out of them. 

I've never heard of dress codes in public schools but apparently things are changing in some places. I'm pretty sure our local school district doesn't have one. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch -

Is this a public school or a private school?  It makes a HUGE difference in this case. 

If it's a public school, they can fuck right the fuck off.   If it's a private school, then tough titties.  They need to get rid of the logo or transfer to a school that will allow it, or just go to a public school, and if they don't allow it, they can sue the fuck out of them. 

Public schools are allowed to have a dress code Phone Post 3.0

Some schools around me have dress codes because of bullying. If your parents can't afford $100 jeans and $60 tshirts to send ya to school in then ya get messed with. So schools do dress codes instead of letting kids stick up for themselves and putting the stuckup little bastards in there place. But this is still BS idiot is a whining chair force bitch who thinks him and his kids are special. Follow the rules dummy and suck it up Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol - 
angryinch -

Public schools are allowed to have a dress code Phone Post 3.0

Within reason.  It is after all public.