No one told me cauliflower ear hurt!

I've been traning UFC awhile now, wishing I had cauliflower ear. I knew I would never be pretty, so I thought I would shoot for looking tough.

All the tough dudes that I've trained with have it. I've thought, "man I wish I had that... what a conversation piece!"

Well mine started coming in... and it fucking HURTS. It hurts really bad. No one ever told me it hurt, I just thought it looked ugly. I saw all these faggots in their headgear all like, "I don't want to get cauliflower ear!" and I'm thinking goddamn what a faggot. I thought these headgear faggots just didn't want their pretty little ears turiing ugly.

I guess it makes sense that all these tough guys never complained. I mean... they're tough guys... but fuck this hurts. It hurts to even touch. I guess I am going to be a headgear faggot now.

Faggot headgear recommendations, anyone?

Stephan Kesting is selling these ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Grapplearts-Wrestling-Cauliflower-Construction-Protection/dp/B01DAYR9ZG

I tried head gear once. Wasn't my cup of tea. I think you just have to wear it a while to get used to it. I just put up with my ears being sore once in a while.

For some reason this makes me think of when I used to install marble. When I got the job the boss said here I Supply masks for everybody so you're not inhaling the Dust. Well the guys I'm working with don't wear the mask there is a whole culture of Machoness to not wearing the mask. So like an idiot I never wore a mask after 10 months I started coughing up black stuff in the shower and quit the next day. Protect yourself!

My dad was a carpet installer for 30 years first thing he says to anybody who says they are in the industry of flooring is wear knee pads because he didn't and he hates it

I know a dude who thinks lube is for punks. He has cauliflower rear. 

If it's any consolation it only hurts in the beginning. Over time it hardens and your ears get used to it. I remember having some pretty painful ones the first few years but it stopped being painful after that.

NicolasRGC - If it's any consolation it only hurts in the beginning. Over time it hardens and your ears get used to it. I remember having some pretty painful ones the first few years but it stopped being painful after that.

Years...

Oh ok. No biggie. It only hurts for a few years.

I wear headgear as I'm attractive. Cauli ear is great for pulling crazy bitches who will let you put it in their butt on the first date though

Bolt Vanderhuge - I wear headgear as I'm attractive. Cauli ear is great for pulling crazy bitches who will let you put it in their butt on the first date though
So I'm wasting my cauliflower ears being married??

King Trav -
Bolt Vanderhuge - I wear headgear as I'm attractive. Cauli ear is great for pulling crazy bitches who will let you put it in their butt on the first date though
So I'm wasting my cauliflower ears being married??
For shame Trav.

The pain of early cauliflower ear is much better then the following month of itchiness as it hardens up and heals. 

Yeah no sleeping on that side that's for sure.

Drain it, don't be a bitch

Oh also, drive with the windows next time
.let the wind hit it....feels great

Discussing cauli war  is a very non cauliflower ear thing to do. 

everyone I know gets headgear, wears it once or twice, then never again 

triso - Yeah no sleeping on that side that's for sure.
This...sleep is going to suck

Yeah, headgear is annoying and creates it's own issues. I could never last wearing one.

One of my students is wearing one and just the other day, he's bleeding all over his forehead, literally dripping blood down his face onto his partner, because the strap cut his forehead. It's always something with headgear.

Cauliflower ear doesn't hurt at all. The injuries that cause cauliflower ear, hurt. But as your ears get thicker, they become more and more resistant to breakage.

shen -

Yeah, headgear is annoying and creates it's own issues. I could never last wearing one.

One of my students is wearing one and just the other day, he's bleeding all over his forehead, literally dripping blood down his face onto his partner, because the strap cut his forehead. It's always something with headgear.

Cauliflower ear doesn't hurt at all. The injuries that cause cauliflower ear, hurt. But as your ears get thicker, they become more and more resistant to breakage.

Thank you, Master Shen.

Have you been draining it?

shen -

Agree to disagree. When my ear "broke" it made a gross noise but didn't hurt. When it blew it up, it was extremely painful. After it hardened up, yeah, sure its fine. But cauliflower definitely hurts in the beginning. Draining was a huge relief.