No talk about Cain Velasquez on here?

Jesus, I didn't even know he was fighting this weekend until two days ago. He was so hyped up after his last fight and I would have thought there were be a bunch of threads talking about him. I'm one of the ones who believes the hype so I'm interested in what he shows tomorrow night. I expect plenty of "Cain vs. insert name" threads, especially Brock, if he pulls out another impressive win.

He is the real deal and his fight is the one I want to watch the most.

His last fight made me glad I was in the living room with a beer and not on a mat getting drilled in the face

You'll see about 15 more threads on him Sunday morning, don't worry.

DiGiorno457 - Jesus, I didn't even know he was fighting this weekend until two days ago. He was so hyped up after his last fight and I would have thought there were be a bunch of threads talking about him. I'm one of the ones who believes the hype so I'm interested in what he shows tomorrow night. I expect plenty of "Cain vs. insert name" threads, especially Brock, if he pulls out another impressive win.
LOL, I didn't realize that he was fighting either. I really want to see him to see what all the talk is about.

Thanks for reminding me!

they should have him fight as often as possible. His fights that I have seen he runs through guys taking no damage.

He's in a weird spot, a guy with lots of promise apparently, but he hasnt really been tested and is on the baby steps, build 'em side of things. Its definitley the right track to take. You dont wanna' ruin him by giving him the push too soon, but the HW division is such that you're either fighting weaker nobodies/unprovens or champs, vets, & spotty contenders.

There`s a nice video on the UFC website showing Cain hitting mits narrated by Javier Mendez.

Check it out!

Brutal. I don't know if you can post old ufc fights here or not so just remove it if you can't.

Cain is a beast kind of quiet when i first met him he reminded me of Ivan Drago in Rock IV. Really nice guy i hope he goes far. and its pronounced "Kai-yeen" not "Kane" and his last name is pronounced Vel-os-kez

were mexican

People keep mentioning Velasquez as a possible for the Brock Frate Train but does he really have the size to match up with Lesnar? Isn't he under 240 while Brock will surely come in over 280, at least.

Then again, I thought Randy was giving Brock a good fight until he got taken out so you never know.

Hes the fight I want to see the most, tohugh hes fighting a Kickboxer, so I expect him to win by GNP or sub in the first

Yeah yeah Denis will bring it to em.

Ah, Cain with total ownage of O'Brien.

IBendo4Hendo - I don't get the hype. We'll see if I understand it a lil' more Saturday night.

You will!

Cain is a beast!

I think the hype is warranted; Cain is a quick study, learning the stand-up and BJJ at a faster clip than most.

Fast, athletic with his All-American Wrestling skill doesn't hurt either..

stickman - People keep mentioning Velasquez as a possible for the Brock Frate Train but does he really have the size to match up with Lesnar? Isn't he under 240 while Brock will surely come in over 280, at least.

Then again, I thought Randy was giving Brock a good fight until he got taken out so you never know.

Yeah, Cain's a big dude, but he'd look small compared to Lesnar. I wonder how their wrestling would match up?

www.ufc.com/index.cfm 

His hands look sharp in the UFN 17 training vid.

All of his fights have been pretty exciting stoppages, I've been baffled that the UFC hasn't featured him more on broadcasts

I'm glad to see him featured on a main card finally, hopefully he'll put on a good show again

He seems like a really quiet, odd guy though on INside MMA, he'll be tough to market

I'm glad they're giving Carwin Gonzaga next, time to let these guys test themselves a bit more

He's strong as a bull but he's a little light for a HW (230s), he'll look small compared to Carwin and Lesnar IMO