Nobody Talking about Jan?

All i see is Adesanya talk but nobody is talking about the NEW LHW champ! Reyes had been slicing through the division and alot of ppl including myself thought he won 3 rounds against Jones. Jan almost made it look easy finishing Reyes in 2 rounds. How do you guays think he would do against Jones or even at Heavyweight? I know mma math usually doesnt work but he was able to do in 2 rounds what Jones couldnt do in 5. Lets give some love to Polish power!

6 Likes

The guy should've followed through on his promise to do fisting. 

1 Like

He would probably be getting more attention if him and Reyes were the main event.

However I was very suprised because I also thought Reyes (arguibly) won 3 rounds against Jones, so in my mind he was undefeated.

Could be wrong but I would still strongly favour Jones over Blachowicz. Jones size and reach advantage along with his wrestling background gives him the edge for me.

James III -

He would probably be getting more attention if him and Reyes were the main event.

However I was very suprised because I also thought Reyes (arguibly) won 3 rounds against Jones, so in my mind he was undefeated.

Could be wrong but I would still strongly favour Jones over Blachowicz. Jones size and reach advantage along with his wrestling background gives him the edge for me.

Jan seems to have good subs and decent ground game also. Cool to see the guy get the belt though. Very likeable guy.

2 Likes
Ninjago -
James III -

Jan seems to have good subs and decent ground game also. Cool to see the guy get the belt though. Very likeable guy.

Yeah it's just a shame he probably won't get the credit that he deserves because he didn't beat Jones.

However in my opinion Jones lost to Reyes and Jan just knocked Reyes out. So to me he is the legitimate Light-heavyweight champion.

I said this before, but with Jan being champ now, this is the first time ever, at any weight, that I would pick the Bellator champ over the UFC champ. Maybe I would have taken Lima over Woodley, but no other time would I even consider it.

Sadly there’s just zero buzz around the LHW division.  Even lately when Jones was Champ.

Because the division is dead and buried without Jones. 

Every division goes through it's slumps and the LHW division is one atm but it will come back

1 Like

To me the middleweight division is the weakest at this point.

Is Jan the GOAT??? He won yesterday by KO

discuss bots 

Jan has been impressive lately. But he sure surprised me with KO of Reyes.

I wonder with the recent changes in the lhw division if Gustafsson feels left out. Going to hw maybe wasnt his most thought through move. 

Jiri is gonna fuck up everyone

2 Likes
tsm29 -

Jiri is gonna fuck up everyone

Jiri has plenty of holes in his games, and fights like a lunatic, I see him getting slept before he touches gold.

Def looking forward to his next one!

Both MW & LHW divisions look kinda boring to me now.

Reyes vs Jan felt anticlimactic to start with, given the nature of a belt up for grabs simply because one of the most dominant champs in history just gave it up.

Now add on the fact that the favorite Reyes lost, that seems to have made it even more anticlimactic.

I’m sure Jones is grinning from ear-to-ear with Reyes’ loss and what he has created.

Jones right nostril - 

Because the division is dead and buried without Jones. 

This. Without Jones it’s like they are fighting to see whose second best. We all know this so it takes out the excitement.

I mean, look at the other big light heavy fight in Santos/Glover. Ugh how is Glover at 63 still an elite 205er?!? Why is this division so lacking?

I was more impressed with Jan's performance than Adesanya's.

Floppy Divac - 

I was more impressed with Jan's performance than Adesanya's.

Same here. Jan did what Jones couldn’t, and made it look easy. I wouldn’t consider Reyes a particularly good matchup for Jan, either.

Adesanya on the other hand did what he should have done against a far more favorable matchup (experience, etc.).

1 Like

glad jan won

3 Likes