Nobody wants to see Grappling/BJJ in MMA fights..

Ok, maybe a few people do, but it's still boring as hell and 90% of the people would rather see 2 guys go at it on their feet with MMA gloves on, there is nothing more exciting. The UFC is finally realizing this and soon every other org will too. The standup aspect of MMA is what puts the most asses in the seats and the main reason people watch it. So goodbye dry humping and hello "stand and Wang".

So why don't you just watch kick boxing?

Styro - So why don't you just watch kick boxing?

I do watch kickboxing, i don't miss an event, but there is nothing more exciting than 2 guys brawling with MMA gloves.

Let's not get off track here, guys.

I prefer stand-up but I also find the ground exciting and like to have a good mix of most... Most of all I like seeing fighters matching up with their styles like Couture's Wresting vs Nog's JJ or Lyoto's Karate vs Shogun's Muay thai... And of course Grappler vs Striker match-ups like this one coming up at 104 with couture vs vera

I love a sweet submission and i respect the grappling aspect of MMA, but lets be real here when talking about entertainment value. Look back at all the fights people complained about and tell me what they had in common(besides the Quarry vs Starnes fight).

macman1000 -  Ok, maybe a few people do, but it's still boring as hell and 90% of the people would rather see 2 guys go at it on their feet with MMA gloves on, there is nothing more exciting. The UFC is finally realizing this and soon every other org will too. The standup aspect of MMA is what puts the most asses in the seats and the main reason people watch it. So goodbye dry humping and hello "stand and Wang".

Honestly I like the ground game, especially what leads to the ground...takedowns. A big slam or a quick judo throw are very exciting to see. I think what needs to happen is slams and throws count for points but failed submission attempts do not unless they are used to improve position or stop a barrage of punches. I also think that stand ups should be much more prevalent. If the guy on top throws more than several punches with his head down he should be stood up. You might even go as far as to say ground punches arent allowed unless the puncher is postured up first. Laying on your opponents chest and throwing blind punches over your head might do some damage, but it generally leads nowhere.

gusto - mma is becoming a mockery of what it once was. no elbows, no hitting the back of the head, no headbutts, no kneeing to the head of a downed opponent, no kicking the head of a downed opponent

no shit the grappling aspect is becoming a grappling match, you cant do shit except grapple when it hits the ground. if you could elbow to the back of the head, Shields would have gotten Miller out of there in the first round

You wanna see someone end up with spinal damage or die? Shots to the back of the head like that should never be allowed because if they miss and hit the neck paralysis or even death could result. I think a fighter on bottom should be allowed to hit the back of the head though. This would keep the lay n pray guys from puttin their head down so much.

32Hunter - ^ don't worry sub attempts don't count for shit.

Dude Ive seen so many fights where the guy on bottom will be gettin peppered with punches while hanging on to a leg or trying to snatch an arm and he might briefly start to lock it up only to have it stopped and continue to get punched. These subs shouldnt count for points. So what he delayed the punching of his face for a few seconds.

Why the hell would you watch most MMA fight for the standup? You can watch world class strikers in boxing, K1 or Muay Thai, or you can watch what are mostly wrestlers and BJJ guys with limited standup experience launching overhand rights. Not to say there is no good striking in MMA but it's the one area that really lags behind.

macman1000 -  Let's not get off track here, guys.

You had me until this post! :)

Mixed Martial Arts = Grappling , Striking ..etc

Boxing = Punching

Grappling for control = boring. Grappling to finish equals exciting

Sheilds - boring

Diaz brothers exciting

Which is odd since they all train with Cezar Gracie. The Diaz brothers will take risks on the ground

macman1000 -  Ok, maybe a few people do, but it's still boring as hell and 90% of the people would rather see 2 guys go at it on their feet with MMA gloves on, there is nothing more exciting. The UFC is finally realizing this and soon every other org will too. The standup aspect of MMA is what puts the most asses in the seats and the main reason people watch it. So goodbye dry humping and hello "stand and Wang".

There is something called K1, you should go watch this or simply educate yourself about the ground game.

Education is the key...

They souldnt even put the guy up imho, if you cant escape from the ground, stay there, it's mma, not boxing...

Than you are watching the wrong sport.

shmuckothemighty - 
Grappling for control = boring.
Grappling to finish equals exciting

Exactly.

I enjoy fights where both fighters are looking to finish rather than outpoint each other on the judge's scorecards.

bj penn = bjj phenom and puts more people in the seats than any other ufc fighter.

I would rather see technical bjj than stand n wang. Wrestlers make the ground game boring by taking people down and trying to score back points instead of looking to pass or go for subs.

an anti grappling comment in an MMA thread = Retard

macman1000 -  I love a sweet submission and i respect the grappling aspect of MMA, but lets be real here when talking about entertainment value. Look back at all the fights people complained about and tell me what they had in common(besides the Quarry vs Starnes fight).

Clearly you are not of fan of MMA, you're just another one of those douchebags who only get enjoyment from the violence aspect of the sport and not the skill.