Nog is older than Randy in MMA years

In watching a 44 year old Randy Couture still in top form and a 32 year old Big Nog who's way past his prime, it strikes me that there are two forms of age: 1.) your natural age in years and 2.) your "mma age".

We all know how to count natural age. When were you born and what is the date today. Easy. But natural age is not all the relevant to mma. What's important is your mma age.

MMA age is a function of how many fights you've had. How many rounds you've fought and most importantly how much punishment you've suffered. Big Nog is very old, indeed ancient, in mma years. He's had 37 fights.

But it's not just that. Remember the war with Bob Sapp where Big Nog's noggin was piled drived into the canvas. Remember Nog's 3 wars with Fedor. Remember that Nog got mauled by Cro Cop before pulling out an arm bar.

Randy has only had 25 fights. Nog is much older than Couture in mma years.

Randy has only 25 fights. Nog has 32 wins :D

The sad thing is Nog has been done since he's been in the UFC, and pulled out the Herring and Sylvia fights on sheer heart and will.

So one loss and your done huh......Randy should of been gone and yet he's still around.....

JRob7 - So one loss and your done huh......Randy should of been gone and yet he's still around.....

I'm not saying that at all. It's the way Nog looked in the loss that tells what's going on. Any one that watched Nog in pride can tell the guy has declined significantly over the last 3-4 years.

Yes, Randy lost to Lesnar. But up until Randy got caught he was doing well in the fight.

Either Nog is not training hardly at all or he's in a physical/mental decline. I say the latter.

"So one loss and your done huh......Randy should of been gone and yet he's still around....."

Did you watch the fight?(or even his Tim and Herring fights to a slightly lesser degree). He looks like a zombie, he wasnt just "caught" as can happen to anyone he looked lost and so slow it was almost cruel to watch. His wars have caight up with him and I cant see how anyone could conclude otherwise. Amazingly, Couture has more left in him.